Notifications
Clear all

DE or Mike

Page 3 / 3

coachgregory
(@coachgregory)
Platinum

You would be surprised.  Takes 3 quick steps to run fade or seam...less if in gun.

At the younger age levels that is not issue but a pop pass behind the stacks is very feasible and I would rather have a corner over the top of all that.

Jack

Exsisto Fortis, Exsisto Validus

ReplyQuote
jrk5150
(@jrk5150)
Diamond

Yes - dropping three steps at the snap is an easier technique to defend that pass.  🙂

ReplyQuote
coachgregory
(@coachgregory)
Platinum

Yes - dropping three steps at the snap is an easier technique to defend that pass.  🙂

Actually it is.  You ever play DB or safety?

It allows you to read the receiver and the passer and make a play on the ball.  Only seen it hundreds of time in action.  Led our league in interceptions every year for five years at POP... there is reason why that happens...  if the passer over throws the ball and that happens a lot at the youth level guess who is at the right angle to pick it off. 

Jack

ReplyQuote
jrk5150
(@jrk5150)
Diamond

Jack, I don't know what you're arguing about, I agreed with you.

And yes, I've played DB, did my Sr. year of HS.  And I've seen over 2,000 snaps over the past 8 years of the CB technique I prefer.  That said, I was STILL agreeing with you...

ReplyQuote
coachgregory
(@coachgregory)
Platinum

Not trying to argue just pointing out things. 

I know you were agreeing when you put the smiley face.  I just figured I would give you hard time.

🙂

Jack

ReplyQuote
jrk5150
(@jrk5150)
Diamond

Jesus dude, read some of my season thread.  A hard time is the LAST thing I need.  🙂

We're good, I just didn't realize what you were doing.

And, uh, I think I'm putting in sky this week - my bleeping CB's won't come forward anyway, so may as well go with your technique when I know it works.

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3
Share: