Notifications
Clear all

First set of scimmages

TigerMOJO
(@infccoach)
Silver
Topic starter  

Had our first set of scrimmages today. And BOY we wrecked havoc!! Only practiced probably a total of 1.5 hrs on defense. Have 26 kids so we're platooning. Everything worked out great. Wanted to see who all would be good and where before I set the platoons. Only 3 kids will go both ways most the time and they will rotate at Outside Tackle. Only got scored on once and would've been called back in a game as there were several holdings. SW team with some good backs so had to adjust on the fly with lil practice. They did get one long run but caught them on 5yd line then made them go 4 and out!!

Other team we played wasn't that good but also ran an unbalanced line. I think they only got about 15 yds total. I let alot of 1st year players play against them and we still stopped them.

Now that we set the platoons and they will get a lot more reps I'm very excited to see what this defense can do!

Pain is Temporary...Pride is Forever!

A Champion will do what a loser won't do to succeed!!

Who Am I?

Okie Coach
(@cowetacoach)
Copper

Looked good coach! Got to see most of your scrimmages. Man, you have a bunch of boys! You going to get all those 2 stripers their plays??! Good thing you got the platoon working.

ReplyQuote
TigerMOJO
(@infccoach)
Silver
Topic starter  

Oh yeah... Gta change up my beast a lil then I'll be alright. Didn't realize until after scrimmage I had 4 in  on that formation. Actually a few are 1 strippers they just look big...

And thanks!

You with Coweta White?

Who Am I?

ReplyQuote
coachgregory
(@coachgregory)
Platinum

Had our first set of scrimmages today. And BOY we wrecked havoc!! Only practiced probably a total of 1.5 hrs on defense. Have 26 kids so we're platooning. Everything worked out great. Wanted to see who all would be good and where before I set the platoons. Only 3 kids will go both ways most the time and they will rotate at Outside Tackle. Only got scored on once and would've been called back in a game as there were several holdings. SW team with some good backs so had to adjust on the fly with lil practice. They did get one long run but caught them on 5yd line then made them go 4 and out!!

Other team we played wasn't that good but also ran an unbalanced line. I think they only got about 15 yds total. I let alot of 1st year players play against them and we still stopped them.

Now that we set the platoons and they will get a lot more reps I'm very excited to see what this defense can do!

That is good news!  Are you running STACKS or RED or BOTH?

Jack

Exsisto Fortis, Exsisto Validus

ReplyQuote
TigerMOJO
(@infccoach)
Silver
Topic starter  

We ran both coach... And the starting Lbs ate them up with pressure. Mike and DEs did good also and with Lil practice... So they'll set better this week... Excited to see them come into the defense!

Who Am I?

ReplyQuote
Share: