Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Pursuit, Tackling, Turnover, & Shed PPT for upcoming video series

coachgregory
(@coachgregory)
Platinum
Topic starter  

Coaches,

Here you go.  THis is the exact teaching guide I will be using so when it comes out on DVD you have the PPT.

Hope you find it useful.  We have been using these drills for four years now.  I place a lot of emphasis on fundamentals and making sure our kids can do these four things well...with the belief that if we are solid at our fundamentals it will make our defense that much better.

Jack

Exsisto Fortis, Exsisto Validus

ZACH
 ZACH
(@bucksweep58)
Diamond

Awesome stuff! Thank you!

I can explain it to you, I can't understand if for you.

ReplyQuote
coachron29
(@coachron29)
Bronze

Coaches,

Here you go.  THis is the exact teaching guide I will be using so when it comes out on DVD you have the PPT.

Hope you find it useful.  We have been using these drills for four years now.  I place a lot of emphasis on fundamentals and making sure our kids can do these four things well...with the belief that if we are solid at our fundamentals it will make our defense that much better.

Jack

Thanks Jack! Looking forward to the video as well.
-Ron

ReplyQuote
cbrm
 cbrm
(@cbrm)
Silver

Coach Gregory,

This is exactly what I asked about the during the the clinic the other evening.  Thank you very much!  I can't wait for the vid series.

Thanks again,
Brian

Do right by Him, and you'll do right by them.

ReplyQuote
coachgregory
(@coachgregory)
Platinum
Topic starter  

Coach Gregory,

This is exactly what I asked about the during the the clinic the other evening.  Thank you very much!  I can't wait for the vid series.

Thanks again,
Brian

Brian,

I remembering you asking about it.  I was just finishing up some notes in it before I posted it.  There are youtube clips on the defense shed techniques I use as well.

Rip, Post, and Club & Rip are the basic ones I teach along with a basic SHIVER & SHED drill.  The more advance ones we teach as they master the basics as they build off the basics.  The BULL and BULL & JERK are the NT tech and BULL call we use.

Jack

ReplyQuote
Wing-n-It
(@robert)
Platinum Moderator

Thanks Jack

Great stuff

2 Things my offense will always have is a Wing and a Wedge

ReplyQuote
CoachJohn
(@coachj)
Platinum

I'm Loving this!  Excellent stuff, Thank you very much.

I've taught how to fall, but I never knew there are five different ways to do it.

"One who gains strength by overcoming obstacles possesses the only strength which can overcome adversity." - Albert Schweitzer

ReplyQuote
cool hand luke
(@cool-hand-luke)
Bronze

On slide 65 it talks about using basic shed techiques, Speed Rip, rip/club, pull/swim,  speed/spin, punch/spin combos for getting off of blocks, are these techniques and how to teach them spelled out anywhere?  (I found one for the push pull but that’s the only one)

sometimes nothing is a real cool hand

ReplyQuote
coachgregory
(@coachgregory)
Platinum
Topic starter  

On slide 65 it talks about using basic shed techiques, Speed Rip, rip/club, pull/swim,  speed/spin, punch/spin combos for getting off of blocks, are these techniques and how to teach them spelled out anywhere?  (I found one for the push pull but that’s the only one)

Coach,

If you go to http://www.gregorydoublewing.com/bench.html
; scroll down to the DEFENSE SECTION.

Rip is what we start with as it is a very good STUNT & SHED 1 gap move.  The POST is what I have started teaching as our second move because often blockers open themselves to an aggerssive post move trying to stop the RIP.  These are great starting moves to teach.  From there we teach CLUB & RIP and CHOP/DIP/RIP.  I used to think the CDR was hard to teach to kids until I had a retired NFL player who works out at my gym show me how to coach it and after finding the video clips on it (PETE JENKINS youtube clip) it is actually a great follow on to the RIP and POST and CLUB And RIP.  From there we will teach a few more to include the BULL RUSH which we use in our BULL call only (BULL and BULL & JERK).  I try to get every one of our football players that play for us to know at least three escape moves by the time they move onto HS.

Jack

ReplyQuote
CoachJohn
(@coachj)
Platinum

Jack,

On page 71 of the PTT manual you touch on finger chop and finger chop/elbow strike.  Do you have any videos (youtube or your own) that I can get a visual representation of them?

Do you have any video or further information on wrist, arm and elbow strike to shed blocks?

Thanks.

"One who gains strength by overcoming obstacles possesses the only strength which can overcome adversity." - Albert Schweitzer

ReplyQuote
coachgregory
(@coachgregory)
Platinum
Topic starter  

Jack,

On page 71 of the PTT manual you touch on finger chop and finger chop/elbow strike.  Do you have any videos (youtube or your own) that I can get a visual representation of them?

Do you have any video or further information on wrist, arm and elbow strike to shed blocks?

Thanks.

I will get some for you.

Jack

ReplyQuote
CoachDavidP
(@fizzlife)
Gold

Thank you for this Jack. Great job putting this together. A must have.

David (Fizzlife)Extreme Ownership -- Jocko Willink and Leif Babin

ReplyQuote
Luc
 Luc
(@coachluc)
Gold

Thanks Coach Gregory,
This is great, and as usual, top quality!
Can't wait for the new book.

To be good you have to work hard. To be better, you have to work harder. To be great, you have to keep working when the good ones stop.

ReplyQuote
wmoor014
(@wmoor014)
Bronze

Any news on the release I was really hoping i could have studied this before the season. I have purchased all the online material from coaches clinic

ReplyQuote
Share: