Be a Football Heretic - 5 Ways to Challenge Football Dogma  

Page 4 / 4
  RSS

gumby_in_co
(@gumby_in_co)
Platinum
January 10, 2020 11:58 am  
Posted by: @coache

Someone can post a video up to HUDL for you...

🤣 😆 🤣 😆 

When in doot . . . glass and oot.

ReplyQuote
Bob Goodman
(@bob-goodman)
Diamond
New Jersey
3rd - 5th
Asst Coach
January 12, 2020 2:47 pm  
Posted by: @hawk2018

Has anyone ever used both 3 point and 2 point stances?  We drew a lot of offsides just getting into the 3 point stance on a hard "shift down!" as a team.  If we switched back and forth I could see drawing even more offsides ... this is the younger ages.  

I used them, but not that way.  I had 3 point stance at some line positions and 2 point stance at others, depending on the range of assignments I expected from them as blockers.  The pulling guard was in 2 point, as were the tackle and (tight) end on the side I would run belly and fly to.  (The offense was asymmetric, though the line was balanced numbers-wise.)  The others were in 3 point.

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
North Carolina
High School
January 12, 2020 3:06 pm  
I had 3 point stance at some line positions and 2 point stance at others, depending on the range of assignments I expected from them as blockers.  The pulling guard was in 2 point, as were the tackle and (tight) end on the side I would run belly and fly to.  (The offense was asymmetric, though the line was balanced numbers-wise.)  The others were in 3 point.

We’ve also done it that way.  Guards in 2-point and Tackles in 3-point, and vice versa.

—Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 4
Share: