Page 7 / 7
  RSS

mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite
December 1, 2017 12:51 pm  

Defense General Discussion = 1900 topics / 29000 posts

Offense General Discussion = 2500 topics / 46000 posts

Add in Sections that include Schemes and the ratio jumps to 4:1 in favor of the Offense.

I truly believe if coaches want to win more games they need to pay more attention to their Defenses. Maybe a Clinic all about Defense is in order. Or maybe that isnt sexy enough?

What is beautiful, lives forever.

ReplyQuote
MHcoach
(@mhcoach)
Diamond
Florida
December 1, 2017 2:41 pm  

As an offensive coach, usually when I am at clinics I go to defensive presentations. It's always interesting to see what evil plans they have to stop what I am trying to do.

Joe

"Champions behave like champions before they're champions: they have a winning standard of performance before they are winners"Bill Walsh

ReplyQuote
Michael
(@michael)
Kryptonite
December 1, 2017 2:56 pm  

I call going to defensive presentations "Reading Cosmo."

Michael can not receive PM's, emails or respond to Posts. He passed away in September 2018. To honor his contributions we are leaving his account active. R.I.P - Dumcoach Staff.

ReplyQuote
Coach TonyM
(@ramoody)
Gold
North Carolina
Middle School
Head Coach
December 3, 2017 10:15 am  

Best clinic I went to...outside Orlando, about 4 or 5 years ago.  Killer Bee Clinic.  Clark, some kids he had never met and half a dozen dumcoaches.. two days and a few hundred bucks and worth every penny.

ReplyQuote
MBCoach
(@mbcoach)
Copper
December 3, 2017 9:25 pm  

So much of your stuff is above most youth coaches heads. When we were up in Atlanta much of what your team does was either above my head or not usuable by me. But, I still pulled stuff from it. Personally, I love the little details of things like hand placement, footwork etc. Scheme is fun but is always over emphasized at every single clinic I have attended. But that is what people think they need.

I think this is the big thing. Everyone starts from a different level of understanding. Here is an idea if you guys intend to do the clinic every year moving forward:

Do a clinic of basics and fundamentals for a first year coach. Make this the dedicated "first year coaches clinic" that you can sticky and refer all newer coaches towards.

Then do the yearly clinic intended for coaches who do this every year, are dedicated and are assumed to have a higher level understanding of the game.

ReplyQuote
Coach E
(@coache)
Gold
December 4, 2017 3:29 am  

I think this is the big thing. Everyone starts from a different level of understanding. Here is an idea if you guys intend to do the clinic every year moving forward:

Do a clinic of basics and fundamentals for a first year coach. Make this the dedicated "first year coaches clinic" that you can sticky and refer all newer coaches towards.

Then do the yearly clinic intended for coaches who do this every year, are dedicated and are assumed to have a higher level understanding of the game.

Isn't a there a thread or two around here that kinda covers this information? It would be nice to collate some of that information into a single thread and sticky that. For me as a rookie coach, it would have been very helpful to cover a lot of these topics that I had no idea about (Parent Meeting, practice organization, health and safety from the kid's perspective...and so on...).

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.- Marcus Aurelius

ReplyQuote
C-Rob
(@tso1696)
Gold
December 17, 2017 3:44 am  

Not as much as I hoped, but we were able to send MosleyTheCat a total of $102.68 from proceeds received from this clinic. 

On-line Youth Football Coaching Clinicshttp://www.coaches-clinic.com/

ReplyQuote
Dimson
(@dimson)
Diamond
December 17, 2017 5:40 am  

Not as much as I hoped, but we were able to send MosleyTheCat a total of $102.68 from proceeds received from this clinic.

Now that is awesome.

ReplyQuote
Page 7 / 7
Share: