Pro Football Hall o...

Notifications

Pro Football Hall of Fame youth football tournament  

RSS

angalton
(@angalton)
Platinum
December 2, 2017 7:22 am  

We are hosting a regional tournament for them this year. Do many teams attend this tournament? We have 6 teams per age bracket. This a way lower number than our pre season tournament we held. We are in the St. Louis area ( east side in Alton Illinois ). They hold the national tournament in Canton, Ohio. We had 3 teams make it to semi finals and just wondering the level of competition they will face. The areas attending are from Chicago, Mid Missouri, and our metro area.

The greatest accomplishment is not in never failing, but in rising again after you fail.

morris
(@morris)
Platinum
December 2, 2017 9:36 am  

Keep us updated. My team got invited but we decided not to play.

ReplyQuote
SingleWingGoombah
(@singlewinggoombah)
Gold
December 4, 2017 6:10 am  

There is good competition down there.  We had players from our organization play there, and I know a couple coaches that went down there as well this year (I assume this is the one that is over Thanksgiving weekend)  This tourney has issues with teams leaving after their first loss, happens every year with a couple of teams.  They may try and tell you that it is not all star teams, that your team has to be your league team, but that's bogus, the majority of the teams that are there are all star teams.  There is no verification. 

ReplyQuote
angalton
(@angalton)
Platinum
December 5, 2017 5:30 am  

Our 14U team got crushed by a St. Louis team, University City Elite, 47-0. Before that they won 23-0 and 14-0. 10U out coached themselves, ran the ball down opponents throat, then going for winning TD, they throw the ball for a pick 6. 7U played a team from Chicago, don't know outcome.

The greatest accomplishment is not in never failing, but in rising again after you fail.

ReplyQuote
Shamrocks
(@shamrocks)
Gold
December 6, 2017 10:06 am  

There is good competition down there.  We had players from our organization play there, and I know a couple coaches that went down there as well this year (I assume this is the one that is over Thanksgiving weekend)  This tourney has issues with teams leaving after their first loss, happens every year with a couple of teams.  They may try and tell you that it is not all star teams, that your team has to be your league team, but that's bogus, the majority of the teams that are there are all star teams.  There is no verification.

Same here.  My son's team was asked to play by the people running it and the HC told them we had a few kids over their required weight limited and that we only had 15 kids, the HC was told that's OK, we won't weigh them and we could bring kids up from our lower levels, or ask a surrounding team for a player or two if needed.

Meanwhile, the web site clearly states it has to be the official roster you started the season with and be in line weight-wise as well.  My son's HC bailed, felt there were too many "do what you have to do" answers from the guys running it and being a small program in a small league, we didn't have much to pull from. 

ReplyQuote
angalton
(@angalton)
Platinum
December 15, 2017 10:39 am  

Our 14U team were invited to Canton and play in the tournament. They had teams drop out, so they were asked to play. Interested in seeing how they do.

ReplyQuote
angalton
(@angalton)
Platinum
December 15, 2017 12:35 pm  

They played sloppy, turning the ball over 4 times, but still won 28-6.

ReplyQuote
Beansko82
(@beansko82)
Bronze
December 17, 2017 6:09 am  

Canton is my home town and up visiting my family.  Are they going to be playing this week still?  Is there somewhere I can find the game schedule?

ReplyQuote
angalton
(@angalton)
Platinum
December 17, 2017 6:54 pm  

They played at 8:30 against an all star team from Mexico. They won 8-6 in 14u gold division.

ReplyQuote
Beansko82
(@beansko82)
Bronze
December 18, 2017 11:54 am  

It’s funny, shortly after I posted that we drove by Fawcett stadium on I-77 and saw a game going on. 

We were in our way to Cleveland to watch the Browns-Ravens game. 

That all star team from Monterrey Mexico was there at First Energy stadium.  I guess they got some seats there to watch the game as part of the deal.

ReplyQuote
Share: