32wedge
(@32wedge)
Silver Moderator
Virginia
Middle School
Only / Head Coach
March 10, 2020 12:50 pm  
Posted by: @rpatric

I'll definitely go back next year. While I would love to get more x's and o's out of the presentations, that's honestly not what would have stayed with me. I'm sure that's all helpful, but for me, the opportunity to put faces with names and LISTEN to such awesome coaches talk about football and LIFE is not something that just goes away. For that reason alone, i'll be a regular attendee. It's only 3 hours from home and I don't get to see a group like this on any other occasion. So for anyone who influenced me to attend. I thank you!!

Ryan

You have Nathan's playbook/manual!  What more Xs/Os could you possibly need? 😆 

rpatric liked
ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
North Carolina
High School
March 10, 2020 1:13 pm  
Posted by: @rpatric

While I would love to get more x's and o's out of the presentations, that's honestly not what would have stayed with me.

--It would have stayed with you, if you'd gotten it.  Trust me.

I'm sure that's all helpful, but for me, the opportunity to put faces with names and LISTEN to such awesome coaches talk about football and LIFE is not something that just goes away.

--You're newer to coaching than I am, Ryan so I can understand how "talking about football and LIFE" could be interesting to you.  Me?  Not so much.  If I'm traveling 16 hours, I want some subject matter meat on the bone.  Hanging out and eating chili is fine, but what I wanted was pages full of notes.

For that reason alone, i'll be a regular attendee. It's only 3 hours from home and I don't get to see a group like this on any other occasion. So for anyone who influenced me to attend. I thank you!!

--Okay then, you're welcome.  And you owe me! lol 😉 

--Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

rpatric liked
ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
North Carolina
High School
March 10, 2020 1:15 pm  
Posted by: @32wedge

You have Nathan's playbook/manual!  What more Xs/Os could you possibly need? 😆 

--The Install Manual, bullet points, cheat notes...

--Dave

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
North Carolina
High School
March 10, 2020 1:22 pm  

@coachdp

If you ever want to host a new Double Wing Symposium, I am there. 

Like I said, we're down to about 7 DW guys, nationally...lol

Who knows, I might do one locally, if there's interest and someone reaches out.  I know that Bill down in Florida drove 12 hours (6 hours both ways) to meet when I was in Orlando in 2018 and all we covered was Double Wing football.  No chit chat, no war stories; just "How do you do this?"  From there, he asked if we could do it again, so I came down this year and he set me up with transportation and a hotel.  So Bill was serious about his Double Wing football.  I might go down there in July because they have a Steeda dealership and I'm interested in getting some hot rod work done on my Mustang.  So there's the possibility to work with his kids while the hot rod gets hot rodded.

I went to Washington to see Ryan when he'd asked me about getting together.  So I tagged along with Deb on her business trip to DC, but Ryan asked me about football for 6 hours so I knew he was serious, too.  AND he bought me lunch! 😊 

--Dave

#BattleReady newhope

32wedge liked
ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
North Carolina
High School
March 10, 2020 5:20 pm  

Any chance you could present your double wing with a shotgun snap?  I would love to see you teach the wedge or basically anything O-line related. 

When I joined the youth team at the end of our high school season, it was with the sole reason of adding DW Power to the youth team's Shotgun approach.  I managed to add a few other wrinkles, but I wanted to keep the main thing as the main thing: Have our best athlete (the QB) run DW Power from Gun with backside pullers and plenty of force at the POA.  It got us to the Pop Warner national championship game, and if the OC had stuck with it, I think we would have won it all.  DW Power is a magnificent play (even from the Gun), if you can execute it correctly.

--Dave

#BattleReady newhope

32wedge liked
ReplyQuote
Bob Goodman
(@bob-goodman)
Diamond
New Jersey
3rd - 5th
Asst Coach
March 10, 2020 6:27 pm  

@bob-goodman

I think there is some truth to that.  I also think you can say the same thing about Dumcoach.

The Delphi Forum is basically dead.  Most of the members have migrated to the Facebook pages. 

Why did that happen?  I didn't notice any poster's being nasty at Delphi and driving participation away, nor did I sense any over-moderation doing the same.  Why would they give up an easy-to-navigate forum for one that's a PITA like Facebook?  I've seen some threads on the Facebook venue (at least one of the venues), and while they weren't bad, they didn't seem to offer any advantage.

ReplyQuote
terrypjohnson
(@terrypjohnson)
Bronze
United States
Head Coach
March 10, 2020 6:45 pm  

@CoachDP - I hope you're including me in that number 🙂 . I'm planning to use the Double Wing as my primary offense this fall after using mostly Beast and Single Wing the past two years.

I'm going to try to get a clinic this summer, but it might be hard with a newborn. Regardless, I'll be bugging everyone in the DW forum throughout the offseason.

Coach Terry

Fight 'em until Hell freezes over, then fight 'em on the ice -- Dutch Meyer

ReplyQuote
32wedge
(@32wedge)
Silver Moderator
Virginia
Middle School
Only / Head Coach
March 10, 2020 7:47 pm  

@bob-goodman

I don't know but I think it is just the fact that so many people have the Facebook App on their smart phones.

ReplyQuote
Page 5 / 5
Share: