USA Football National Conference  

RSS

CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
North Carolina
High School
February 17, 2019 6:25 pm  

I will be attending the USA Football National Conference at the Marriott World Center Orlando, this weekend.  The conference runs February 22-24. We'll be arriving Thursday night and staying until Monday.  Sometime Monday we are checking out to move to the Castle Hotel, Autograph Collection in Orlando (about 6 minutes away) and staying until Thursday morning when we are leaving for the Chicago Glazier.  So we'll be in Orlando from February 21 until February 28.

--Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

Bill03
(@bill03)
Copper
AC
February 18, 2019 2:35 pm  

Dave my son and I and two of my other coaches will be up there Monday to meet up with you. We are all looking forward to meeting you. You let me know what time is good for you and we'll be there !

Again coach really appreciate your time.

Bill

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
North Carolina
High School
February 24, 2019 9:47 am  

Really nice clinic with Mike Tomlin and PJ Fleck as bonuses.  Took 16 pages of notes, which is a record for me.  Best clinic I've ever attended, in terms off-the-field development, with 26-time state champion head coach JT Curtis presenting, as well.

--Dave

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
North Carolina
High School
February 24, 2019 9:49 am  

Looking forward to meeting with Coach Bill Clancy and his staff tomorrow morning.

--Dave

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
ZACH
 ZACH
(@bucksweep58)
Diamond
Coach
February 25, 2019 3:43 am  

Coaches from alma mater presented at the heads up clinic. Pretty cool stuff

I can explain it to you, I can't understand if for you.

ReplyQuote
Dimson
(@dimson)
Diamond
February 25, 2019 9:51 am  

Really nice clinic with Mike Tomlin and PJ Fleck as bonuses.  Took 16 pages of notes, which is a record for me.  Best clinic I've ever attended, in terms off-the-field development, with 26-time state champion head coach JT Curtis presenting, as well.

--Dave

26 times? Holy guacamole Batman!

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
North Carolina
High School
February 25, 2019 11:49 am  

Met today with Coach Bill and three of his other coaches including his son.  They came by the hotel and we met from about 10:30am until 3:30pm.  We started outside on the terrace, then came inside for lunch, then went downstairs for tackling drills.  After 5 hours, I still felt like we were could have gone for several hours more.  Most of the discussion was about drill work, fundamentals, teaching progression and plays.  Thankfully, war stories were kept to a minimum because the coaches were here to exchange ideas, not to see who had the worst time of it with their team.  All in all, a great time well spent with guys I was glad to hang out with.  I hope they got better.  I certainly feel like I did.

--Dave

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
Bill03
(@bill03)
Copper
AC
February 25, 2019 2:02 pm  

Dave can't thank you enough. Your a great teacher. We left out of there exited for the season. I can't believe how fast time flew by. And your right we could of went on easily for a few more hours. I did learn a lot. Your tips on how you handle your team on and off the football field were impressive. We need to improve in that category.. no excuses. No need to complain about parent issues without looking ourselves in the mirror first and figure out what we can do to improve.

I really enjoyed the hands on approach teaching. Like I told you thats the easiest way for me to learn.

If anyone gets the chance to sit down with DP and talk DW don't miss out on that opportunity! You won't be sorry.

Only thing that I had a hard time understanding is why the guy that gave up 5 hours of his time to talk ball with some guys he just met , and pays for lunch is alittle confusing. Greatly appreciated though.

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
North Carolina
High School
February 25, 2019 2:16 pm  

Only thing that I had a hard time understanding is why the guy that gave up 5 hours of his time to talk ball with some guys he just met, and pays for lunch is a little confusing. Greatly appreciated though.

Bill, you and three other guys drove 6 hours (3 hours each way) and another 5 hours to clinic your time this way.  Paying for lunch was the least I could do.  Besides, I had a good time.  It was something you and I have been looking to do for some time.

--Dave

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
Share: