Page 2 / 7

CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  

Rob, it looks like we’re all set.

—Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  

DP

Did you guys ever try a Brunnello?

Joe

Brunello di Montalcino?  No, not me; not yet.  But Deb has, when she was in Montalcino.

—Dave

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
PSLCOACHROB
(@pslcoachrob)
Kryptonite

It (the cab) got some great reviews. Looks to be around $20 I think. I don't like paying a whole lot more than that for a bottle of wine. I found when you get into the $30 - $50 range you might be buying a bad year by a well renowned maker. The year makes an astounding difference. Crazy thing is, I will drop 15 bucks on a 4 pack of beer or even 14 bucks on a .75cl bottle without batting an eye.

ReplyQuote
MHcoach
(@mhcoach)
Diamond

DP

It is the sexiest of the Tuscan Reds, just special. Perfect with a good steak, or just to kick back & relax.

Brinning a duck right now that I will slow roast for 7 hours. I plan on stuffing the cavity with blood orange, lemon, & tangerine.

Joe

"Champions behave like champions before they're champions: they have a winning standard of performance before they are winners"Bill Walsh

ReplyQuote
PSLCOACHROB
(@pslcoachrob)
Kryptonite

DP

Did you guys ever try a Brunnello?

Rob

Sure.

Joe

I'll call you after Turkey Day to set something up.

ReplyQuote
MHcoach
(@mhcoach)
Diamond

Rob

That's the thing Brunnello's go for around 40-75 for a decent bottle. You can get a Rosso Di Montaclino for 15 - 20. The difference is in order to be a Brunnello the vines need to be 7 years or older. The Rosso is young vines.

I can usually find a very good Chianti for 15 to 20 bucks, on rare occasions I like to treat myself to a Brunnello, it really is my favorite.

Joe

"Champions behave like champions before they're champions: they have a winning standard of performance before they are winners"Bill Walsh

ReplyQuote
PSLCOACHROB
(@pslcoachrob)
Kryptonite

DP

It is the sexiest of the Tuscan Reds, just special. Perfect with a good steak, or just to kick back & relax.

Brinning a duck right now that I will slow roast for 7 hours. I plan on stuffing the cavity with blood orange, lemon, & tangerine.

Joe

So I am going to spatchcock and bbq my turkey. Any ideas for a brine? I thought about preserved lemon (I make my own) and garlic. I have fresh rosemary, thyme, basil, oregano and mint in the garden. Maybe throw in the some thyme. I don't know if using preserved lemon in a brine makes sense though. Not sure if it will carry over. Maybe just regular lemons. Will the lemons start to break down the bird?
Oh man, I made some lamb chops on the grill the other night. Rosemary, garlic and brown sugar marinade. Super simple but it was great. Fingerling potatoes with prosciutto and roasted garlic cloves (which is awesome with roasted brussel sprouts as well) and roasted broccoli.

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  

Deb’s marinating a brisket, as we speak.  Man, hers is world-class.  We are having it tonight with a 2014 Conundrum, which I’ve never had but company is coming tonight. 

—Dave

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
bigshel
(@bigshel)
Gold

You guys are making me SUPER hungry.

ReplyQuote
MHcoach
(@mhcoach)
Diamond

Rob

Here is a couple of great Brine tips:

Use canning salt, it dissolves with no heat.

Use Honey or Molasses for the same reason.

Lemons are great & not enough acid to effect the bird.

Once you Brine the bird have a day for it to completely dry so the skin can be crisp.

Joe

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  

You guys are making me SUPER hungry.

My brother, if you were here Deb would feed you like a king and I would give you the run of the wine cellar.

—Dave

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
MHcoach
(@mhcoach)
Diamond

Shel

We love good food almost as much as football. I am just as much of a food nerd as a football nerd. I make fresh pasta, love to bake bread.
I have more cooking gadgets than you can imagine. Lunch was pan roasted lemon chicken thighs, potatoes fondant, & grilled eggplant.

Joe

ReplyQuote
PSLCOACHROB
(@pslcoachrob)
Kryptonite

Rob

Here is a couple of great Brine tips:

Use canning salt, it dissolves with no heat.

Use Honey or Molasses for the same reason.

Lemons are great & not enough acid to effect the bird.

Once you Brine the bird have a day for it to completely dry so the skin can be crisp.

Joe

Speaking of lemons, a Peruvian restaurant opened locally. Awesome ceviche and all the Peru regulars. Lots of octopus on the menu. One of my favorites.

ReplyQuote
MHcoach
(@mhcoach)
Diamond

DP

You keep talking about her Brisket, I will need to beg her  for the recipe in January.

Joe

ReplyQuote
MHcoach
(@mhcoach)
Diamond

Rob

I love Peruvian cerviche it's different than Mexican. Did I ever tell you I would take a Cerviche bag fishing & make fresh cerviche right on the boat?

Joe

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 7
Share: