Notifications
Clear all

10U Offensive Install, Season Progress Report

Page 3 / 3

Monster
(@monster)
Gold

M

At your age group the passing game is very simple. PAPs are the heart of the passing game. Naked is the one that is most important. We called the PAP game using 3 digits, so Naked right was 623 & Naked left was 524. I can walk you through the number system, just PM me for my number.

Joe

I think I still have your number from when we last spoke Joe. I'll give you a call here soon.

Mission Statement: To make a genuine effort at every opportunity to help those around me build and maintain a commitment to success.

ReplyQuote
Huskerprice
(@huskerprice)
Bronze

We run 37 G left and 46 G Right both out of King.  In 37 for example the TB takes a 22 power path.  It's a very powerful play.

Sorry if I'm missing it but if the QB is in Pistol does the H Or Z run behind the QB to take the hand off?

ReplyQuote
CoachSugg
(@coachsugg)
Silver
Topic starter  

Sorry if I'm missing it but if the QB is in Pistol does the H Or Z run behind the QB to take the hand off?

Yes.  On 37 G Left for example.  The TB runs a 22 power path, the QB aligns himself for a 22 per handoff then the H-back runs behind him essentially between where the QB and TB initially aligned.

Exact opposite for 46 G right.  TB runs a very tight 23 zone (we don't have a 21 power).

Kent Sugg
Bridge Creek, OK

ReplyQuote
Huskerprice
(@huskerprice)
Bronze

Thanks for the clarification.

Does this look like the Steeler package, stretch not shown.

ReplyQuote
MHcoach
(@mhcoach)
Diamond

HP

Steeler is from the Pistol not Gun, otherwise yes.

Joe

"Champions behave like champions before they're champions: they have a winning standard of performance before they are winners"Bill Walsh

ReplyQuote
Huskerprice
(@huskerprice)
Bronze

Sorry I guess I don't understand how it works then?

ReplyQuote
MHcoach
(@mhcoach)
Diamond

HP

The Power RPO is based off the SS or FS for the read. The idea is to eliminate the 9th man in the box. If we get M2M the idea is our #1 will win on the Strike. The Hback is giving the SS a run read.

The QB/RB action you are showing is for Seahawk where we read the OLB with different route combo's.

Joe

"Champions behave like champions before they're champions: they have a winning standard of performance before they are winners"Bill Walsh

ReplyQuote
Huskerprice
(@huskerprice)
Bronze

Ok, thanks. "Steeler" is power read,(Jack formation) T in Pistol he runs down hill inside following power blocking playside with the backside guard pulling through and then Q throws to route shown? "Seahawk" what route combo do you suggest and what formation?

Thanks

ReplyQuote
MHcoach
(@mhcoach)
Diamond

HP

Seahawk is from Queen, it is Slant by #1, Arrow by Hback, the backside is the gift(We will usually label a combination each week) the standard is Hitch Slant. We love to run this on the goal line. It places tremendous pressure on the OLB.

Joe

ReplyQuote
Huskerprice
(@huskerprice)
Bronze

Thanks

ReplyQuote
Huskerprice
(@huskerprice)
Bronze

How's this? I see "Seahawk"is like "Paw" in your power point. If "Steeler" is right here it's like the power/read play you describe in the Bear Front thread but run out of Jack instead of Queen to the weak side? Now I suppose you package these plays with others with similar action?

ReplyQuote
MHcoach
(@mhcoach)
Diamond

HP

You are so very close, but just off. Tonight is a good night to call the wife is away. Give me a call & I can clear it all up.

Joe

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3
Share: