Page 25 / 29
  RSS

MHcoach
(@mhcoach)
Diamond
Florida
December 10, 2015 2:37 pm  

J

That's the key, it's about what they are doing & are the sound. If they aren't sound we will find it, if they keep doing the same thing, we will gash it.

Joe

"Champions behave like champions before they're champions: they have a winning standard of performance before they are winners"Bill Walsh

ReplyQuote
coachnick
(@coachnick)
Gold
December 15, 2015 1:48 am  

Nick

Having not coached much Spread, or any Wing T how can you judge? I have done both, both have equal amounts of mis direction as well as equal amounts of power. The Spread will obviously throw the ball more.

Auburn is Shotgun Wing T & will run almost 70% of the time.

Joe

btw I disagree with this....auburn is not shot gun wing t 70 percent of the time...

ReplyQuote
CoachCraig
(@ch72)
Gold
December 15, 2015 3:12 am  

btw I disagree with this....auburn is not shot gun wing t 70 percent of the time...

If only Joe knew what he was talking about... Maybe he would be invited to speak at a clinic or two........

"Whether you think you can, or cannot, you're probably right."

ReplyQuote
PSLCOACHROB
(@pslcoachrob)
Kryptonite
December 15, 2015 3:15 am  

So what are they then Obe-Wan and I what is the exact percentage?

ReplyQuote
MHcoach
(@mhcoach)
Diamond
Florida
December 15, 2015 4:07 am  

Wow, it's really 68.5789%!

When that quote was made, they roughly were 70%. Over the season as the team morphed so did what they ran. I don't think anyone was pleased with their offense last season.

Joe

"Champions behave like champions before they're champions: they have a winning standard of performance before they are winners"Bill Walsh

ReplyQuote
Michael
(@michael)
Kryptonite
December 15, 2015 4:41 am  

I don't think anyone was pleased with their offense last season.

I was.

Of course, I like Bama.

Michael can not receive PM's, emails or respond to Posts. He passed away in September 2018. To honor his contributions we are leaving his account active. R.I.P - Dumcoach Staff.

ReplyQuote
CoachSugg
(@coachsugg)
Silver
Head Coach
December 15, 2015 5:14 am  

I was.

Of course, I like Bama.

You would.

Kent Sugg
Bridge Creek, OK

ReplyQuote
CoachCraig
(@ch72)
Gold
December 15, 2015 5:48 am  

When that quote was made, they roughly were 70%. Over the season as the team morphed so did what they ran. I don't think anyone was pleased with their offense last season.

Joe

Really only four decimal places Joe you should be embarrassed by yourself that's just plain lazy

"Whether you think you can, or cannot, you're probably right."

ReplyQuote
COACH JC
(@winged)
Diamond
December 15, 2015 5:48 am  

Auburn is most definitely a Wing T team.

It's all about having fun.  But losing aint fun!

ReplyQuote
davecisar
(@davecisar)
Diamond
December 15, 2015 6:05 am  

Correct

However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results.Winston Churchill

ReplyQuote
CoachSugg
(@coachsugg)
Silver
Head Coach
December 15, 2015 6:11 am  

I disagree.  Auburn invented everything it runs.  It's schemes don't fall into the descriptions used by Mortals.

Kent Sugg
Bridge Creek, OK

ReplyQuote
GP
 GP
(@gpenn44)
Gold
December 15, 2015 6:24 am  

Auburn is a Spread team that uses a lot of Wing T concepts (Buck Sweep, etc.). However the bulk of what they run is Zone Read, Power Read and 2 back Power / Counter (often from 20 personnel sets).

When Malzahn first started as a HS coach he said he had no clue what he was doing so he bought "Deleware Wing T" by Harold Raymond and followed it to the letter.

His offense evolved to more of a Spread as his career went on but he always incorporated Wing T concepts.

BTW Nick - Joe didn't say Auburn is "Shotgun Wing T 70% of the time" he said "Auburn is Shotgun Wing T & will run almost 70% of the time," which is true. If you're going to be argumentative at least read.

"Motivation is simple. You eliminate those who are not motivated." - Lou Holtz

ReplyQuote
CoachSugg
(@coachsugg)
Silver
Head Coach
December 15, 2015 6:27 am  

BTW Nick - Joe didn't say Auburn is "Shotgun Wing T 70% of the time" he said "Auburn is Shotgun Wing T & will run almost 70% of the time," which is true. If you're going to be argumentative at least read.

Lol.  Mic drop....

Kent Sugg
Bridge Creek, OK

ReplyQuote
coachnick
(@coachnick)
Gold
December 16, 2015 1:49 am  

Joe

well.. I just watched every play they ran this year.....and I guees we have a different opionion of shot gun wing t...shot gun wing t is either red/blue with the fb next to the qb or behin him in the pistol look...same with 100/900.....

I see Auburn in the shot gun with off set I and jet motion, and they sometimes have one back with a wing and use jet motion--BUT SHOT GUN WING T--NOPE....imo

ReplyQuote
morris
(@morris)
Platinum
December 16, 2015 2:41 am  

wing-t isn't a formation. Just because you line up in 100/900 or Red/Blue it doesn't make you wing-t.  That would be like saying just because you line up in double slot you are flexbone or run and shoot.  The zone and zone read stuff that Auburn added is more resent additions to the offense so is the power read stuff.  The zone stuff came from Malzahn's time with Herb Hand. 

ReplyQuote
Page 25 / 29
Share: