Notifications
Clear all

Gun Snap

GP
 GP
(@gpenn44)
Gold
Topic starter  

I've never had this much trouble getting a consistently good Gun snap...

In the past we've been Gun only so it was all we did - this year we went UTC first and added Gun - 2/3 of the snaps are perfect then every third is a disaster.

Want to get back to every little detail of how Joe and other coach the Gun snap.

Thanks

"Motivation is simple. You eliminate those who are not motivated." - Lou Holtz

MHcoach
(@mhcoach)
Diamond

G

have you tried the flip snap?

Joe

"Champions behave like champions before they're champions: they have a winning standard of performance before they are winners"Bill Walsh

ReplyQuote
GP
 GP
(@gpenn44)
Gold
Topic starter  

Have not...

ReplyQuote
Coach Smith
(@mpd5123)
Silver

try this

check out http://www.coaches-clinic.com/If any thing goes bad, I did it. If anything goes semi-good, we did it. If anything goes really good, then you did it. That's all it takes to get people to win football games for you. ~Paul Bear Bryant

ReplyQuote
PSLCOACHROB
(@pslcoachrob)
Kryptonite

I'm coaching a group this season with a few that I had a few years ago. Our old center is there and it appears he picked up some really bad habits. So we were going with the flip snap and his consistency was much better but still not great. A complete lack of pride and concentration in what he was doing I think was the problem. So I was wanting to get a second string guy going and this short little guy walks up and says "I can snap". We are basically 100% shotgun this year btw. Darn kid hit the hands of the qb every snap all practice with a decent get off. Looks like I have a new starter. I taught him exactly zero. He said he worked on it over the summer. I should probably ask him what he did to get better because it looks like he is better at teaching it than I am for sure.

ReplyQuote
GP
 GP
(@gpenn44)
Gold
Topic starter  

Lol I had a kid like that the last two years - he was 130 as a 14 year old and won the Best O-Lineman in the League award.

I didn't go to the Flip but worked personally with the Center last week for 30 mins in pre-practice and yesterday his snaps were perfect (except for one). Gun and UTC.

Esp at this juncture I like to let the position coaches troubleshoot their areas before I step in (I'll def tell them what to fix and how but then let coaches coach).

I think our O-line coach was just spoiled w the other kid the last two years and didn't really have to teach the snap - could focus pretty much 100% on blocking - but he was there with me working with the Center so now he's got it.

ReplyQuote
Share: