Notifications
Clear all

H back alignment

joshv155
(@joshv155)
Platinum
Topic starter  

I have seen teams put the H in between the OT/OG as what seems like their base alignment. What are the advantages/disadvantages of this ?

I was thinking of using this formation with my 13U 7th grade team next season. I will be running the one back offense. We ran it with a different team a couple of years ago and did very well.

As far as this formation it seems that it would help a slower H get across the formation for his kick out/pull (on counter) and sneak out on passes more. Can still kick out the play side DE or slip out into flat for a pass on naked.

Is there a disadvantage for running this formation as your base ?

Passio Bellator

Huskerprice
(@huskerprice)
Bronze

Gun or UC?

ReplyQuote
MHcoach
(@mhcoach)
Diamond

J

We do it both ways, in between the G & T is our base alignment. Outside the T is a Wide tag for us. It depends on the front as well as the play. The normal alignment is a great spot for an insert block. Wide is for outside plays.

Joe

"Champions behave like champions before they're champions: they have a winning standard of performance before they are winners"Bill Walsh

ReplyQuote
joshv155
(@joshv155)
Platinum
Topic starter  

J

We do it both ways, in between the G & T is our base alignment. Outside the T is a Wide tag for us. It depends on the front as well as the play. The normal alignment is a great spot for an insert block. Wide is for outside plays.

Joe

Thanks Coach.

And I was looking at UC or from the gun.

Passio Bellator

ReplyQuote
Share: