Notifications
Clear all

How to call in plays during games (Joe C system)

coachcoolnoe
(@coachcoolnoe)
Copper
Topic starter  

I`m not exactly sure how I will call my plays for games yet. I was thinking of maybe going with wrist coaches, but don`t want it to be complicated. Also was thinking I could just call out the formations from sideline and send plays in with a player or yell out the route numbers starting from left to right. They know the route tree I`m using. I coach mostly 8th graders so they can should be able to handle which ever I choose. I like the wrist coach bot need a simple play calling system. Any input is welcome from all.

woodhawg
(@woodhawg)
Copper

We use wrist coaches. Just a color and a number, for example:

RED Right              White Right    Blue Left  Flag Left (formation)
1. 18 sweep    1. 59 pass
2. NO PLAY    2. Wedge

I like to send the play in with a courier player but don't trust them to clearly say, "Singlewing right 18 pass." But they can handle, "red 1". If I don't have a courier or don't want to use one; I just call it direct to the QB.
I'm open for a better system though. This one isn't perfect.

ReplyQuote
CoachSugg
(@coachsugg)
Silver

I`m not exactly sure how I will call my plays for games yet. I was thinking of maybe going with wrist coaches, but don`t want it to be complicated. Also was thinking I could just call out the formations from sideline and send plays in with a player or yell out the route numbers starting from left to right. They know the route tree I`m using. I coach mostly 8th graders so they can should be able to handle which ever I choose. I like the wrist coach bot need a simple play calling system. Any input is welcome from all.

Coach,

I PM'd you specifics on how I'm calling in plays for my 10u.  Entire team is on Wristcoaches.

Kent

Kent Sugg
Bridge Creek, OK

ReplyQuote
Share: