Notifications
Clear all

Passing plays to TB (Joe C system)

coachcoolnoe
(@coachcoolnoe)
Copper
Topic starter  

What are some of the passing plays that you run to the TB? I remember you saying something about a play called Trouble. Is this in the category of the fast screens? How exactly do you run it?
What are some ways you pass to the TB out of empty?

MHcoach
(@mhcoach)
Diamond

Trouble is TB bubble.

We will run Stick with the TB running a shoot(straight out).

We also run a Slow screen.

Joe

"Champions behave like champions before they're champions: they have a winning standard of performance before they are winners"Bill Walsh

ReplyQuote
coachcoolnoe
(@coachcoolnoe)
Copper
Topic starter  

Pardon my ignorance. I have been using the DW language for past 17 yrs. Where is the TB lined up in Trouble? Is he next to the QB in the Gun? Does he just back pedal to sideline like normal Bubble? What routes do the X,Y,Z & H run? Or do they just block MDM to playside?

What exactly is Stick? TB running straight upfield or straight to sidelines?

For Slow screen does TB fake block, then sneak out for a screen pass? What routes does the X, Y, Z run to clear out space for him?

ReplyQuote
MHcoach
(@mhcoach)
Diamond

Pardon my ignorance. I have been using the DW language for past 17 yrs. Where is the TB lined up in Trouble? Is he next to the QB in the Gun? Does he just back pedal to sideline like normal Bubble? What routes do the X,Y,Z & H run? Or do they just block MDM to playside?Fast Screen, always block MDM unless you are getting the ball. TB is 1 yd behind the QB, over the outside leg of the Guard. He runs a "Swing" Bubble, by taking a drop step & running wide. He must get width & not come forward.

What exactly is Stick? TB running straight upfield or straight to sidelines?Stick is a route combination. #1 runs a Go, #2 runs an inside hitch(this is actually the Stick part of the combination). # 3 runs an Arrow. So in this instance the TB is #3 he runs the Arrow

For Slow screen does TB fake block, then sneak out for a screen pass? What routes does the X, Y, Z run to clear out space for him?There is a complicated answer & a simple one I will give you the simple one. First we like to 3x1 &  run the Screen to the 1 side. Let #1 to that side run a Post to clear. TB fakes slide Protection for a 2 count then gets width,

Coach

Sounds like you need a phone call. PM me for my number.

Joe

"Champions behave like champions before they're champions: they have a winning standard of performance before they are winners"Bill Walsh

ReplyQuote
Share: