Notifications
Clear all

Power I Offense's Playbook

Page 1 / 3

MHcoach
(@mhcoach)
Diamond
Topic starter  

I have decided to put this now in the Public Section. I hope it helps.

Joe

"Champions behave like champions before they're champions: they have a winning standard of performance before they are winners"Bill Walsh

MHcoach
(@mhcoach)
Diamond
Topic starter  

Here is the Goal Line addition to the offense. I hope guys can see how we integrate the same plays into the Goal Line set.

Joe

"Champions behave like champions before they're champions: they have a winning standard of performance before they are winners"Bill Walsh

ReplyQuote
Steve
(@steve)
Bronze

I have decided to put this now in the Public Section. I hope it helps.

Joe

Thanks Joe

ReplyQuote
MHcoach
(@mhcoach)
Diamond
Topic starter  

We have run Power at the HS level as a Goal Line play for several years. We line up in I Wing left Motion the Wing to be the Kick Man & the ASG wraps. The FB becomes an extra blocker in this scenario.

Joe

ReplyQuote
MHcoach
(@mhcoach)
Diamond
Topic starter  

I have been watching some Youth video's posted here & elsewhere. One issue that stands out is the QB's operating standing up right. When we ran the Power I we coached our QB to operate in a bent position. Operating lower meant the hand off's were much smoother & the fakes much better.

Joe

ReplyQuote
MHcoach
(@mhcoach)
Diamond
Topic starter  

I posted a HS clip above.

ReplyQuote
Dimson
(@dimson)
Diamond

I plan on running this offense this year if I have it my way, lol. Do you have a practice plan for the drills you ran for this offense?

ReplyQuote
MHcoach
(@mhcoach)
Diamond
Topic starter  

C

There isn't much difference in the drills we use for the Spread. Obviously we work a little less on the pass game.

Our backs always warm up running the Hand off Snake, Power Run, & High & Tight.

Next we will get into running the plays on air, it is very important that we are precise in our execution.

We then want to drill in a half line look.

While the backs are warming up the Oline works first step, & pulls. They then will live block Head up & down blocks each way.

Hope that helps

Joe

ReplyQuote
Dimson
(@dimson)
Diamond

Can you explain high and tight?

ReplyQuote
MHcoach
(@mhcoach)
Diamond
Topic starter  

C

Nice simple drill part of the warm up. RB's pair up, one holds the ball "High & Tight", while the other punches, rips & grabs at the ball as the first runs ten yds. They must do it with each hand.

Joe

ReplyQuote
Dimson
(@dimson)
Diamond

Joe,
Is the full backs path on Wham a straight line or more like a banana on the kick out?

ReplyQuote
MHcoach
(@mhcoach)
Diamond
Topic starter  

C

This is something that develops over repetition. We start teaching it as a straight line, then it can develop into an inside banana or an outside one. The first issue is the FB getting off the ball fast enough to clear the WB. As you progress to running the play live the path will change ever so slightly.

Joe

ReplyQuote
Dimson
(@dimson)
Diamond

C

This is something that develops over repetition. We start teaching it as a straight line, then it can develop into an inside banana or an outside one. The first issue is the FB getting off the ball fast enough to clear the WB. As you progress to running the play live the path will change ever so slightly.

Joe

Do you put your FB in a 3 or 2 point stance?

ReplyQuote
MHcoach
(@mhcoach)
Diamond
Topic starter  

C

We use a 3 pt stance with off hand in an open position on the inside thigh.

Joe

ReplyQuote
Dimson
(@dimson)
Diamond

Joe, on Pack right Fake 44, Give 36, how does it work with the WB and the FB? How do you insure they don't run into each other?

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3
Share: