Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Power Point

Page 1 / 4

MHcoach
(@mhcoach)
Diamond
Topic starter  

I have compiled a Power Point titled "Modern Offense for Youth Football".  This presentation is meant to be a guide to help develop an offense. It is not meant to be a playbook. I have discussed the concepts we used for Youth Football, & tried to keep it rather basic. Please feel free to open discussion on anything in the presentation.

Joe

"Champions behave like champions before they're champions: they have a winning standard of performance before they are winners"Bill Walsh

Test Account
(@test-account)
Kryptonite

Joe

Awesome power point. It was nice to get to see the fast screens drawn up. People should look at your YouTube channel to see some of these concepts in action. Out of curiosity what is your favorite quick game concept at the youth level? Thanks for doing this.

Mike

Please don't PM or respond to this Member. It is an account for all of the posts from abandoned or banned Member Accounts.

ReplyQuote
MHcoach
(@mhcoach)
Diamond
Topic starter  

Mike

Anytime!

All Slants, & Slant/Arrow are my favorite Youth Quick Game concepts. Although Stick & Snag are up there too.

Joe

"Champions behave like champions before they're champions: they have a winning standard of performance before they are winners"Bill Walsh

ReplyQuote
Test Account
(@test-account)
Kryptonite

Joe

In the PowerPoint you mentioned your QB makes specific pre snap reads to determine who they will throw to. What do you teach your QB's to read on all slants and slant arrow?

Thanks
Mike

Please don't PM or respond to this Member. It is an account for all of the posts from abandoned or banned Member Accounts.

ReplyQuote
MHcoach
(@mhcoach)
Diamond
Topic starter  

Mike

Here's how I teach it at the HS level.

Double Slants
MOFC- Think outside Rec first check leverage & depth of CB
MOFO- Think inside Rec first, find the LB with the worst leverage

Slant/Arrow

Think Field/Boundary & matchup first.

Read Flat defender any width throw slant any depth throw Arrow.

Hope that helps.

Joe

ReplyQuote
Test Account
(@test-account)
Kryptonite

Joe
Thanks. Thats definitely helpful. Will teach that this weekend.

Mike

ReplyQuote
Dimson
(@dimson)
Diamond

Joe, you said on Flop, X, Y, Z and H change sides? But I never see H or Z switch sides in your slides.

ReplyQuote
MHcoach
(@mhcoach)
Diamond
Topic starter  

Chris

Look again, Flip just H&Z have changed, Flop they all have changed. Compare Flip or Flop to the original & you will see it.

Joe

ReplyQuote
Dimson
(@dimson)
Diamond

Chris

Look again, Flip just H&Z have changed, Flop they all have changed. Compare Flip or Flop to the original & you will see it.

Joe

Ah, I didn't compare it to the original. Thanks for pointing that out. I thought it was weird they didn't flip or flop, lol.

ReplyQuote
MHcoach
(@mhcoach)
Diamond
Topic starter  

Chris

NP, remember for me it's second nature. The nice thing is it's easy to teach because you can do it in steps. We have never had trouble teaching it to youth's.

Joe

ReplyQuote
Dimson
(@dimson)
Diamond

Joe, on power and counter from UTC and Pistol, do you have the QB reverse out?

ReplyQuote
Pantherlinecoach
(@pantherlinecoach)
Bronze

What sets would you advise for 9/10 age group? I am personally fond of Kings/Queens and Deuce. Spreading out as in Ace, is just something I wouldn't be comfortable coaching at this point. What are your thoughts?

ReplyQuote
MHcoach
(@mhcoach)
Diamond
Topic starter  

Chris

I don't, but you can. When I first got here they always reversed out on Power, I make it look exactly like Zone. On Counter it's the same 3 steps as Zone & Power, then the QB drops the ball to his other hip.

Panther

Again it would depend on the YOUR team. ACE at 9/10 is great if you can can run the Fast Screen game & just want to decide on the ball. At that age some can some can't. Oh & don't forget Jack it will open the run game.

Joe

ReplyQuote
Pantherlinecoach
(@pantherlinecoach)
Bronze

I am expecting a pretty athletic team honestly. Gotta Qb that can do a little of everything. Just questioning my ability to coach the wider sets.

ReplyQuote
MHcoach
(@mhcoach)
Diamond
Topic starter  

Panther

Don't over think it, formations are simply tools for the tool box. Against bad teams it really won't matter, remember it's about your team not theirs.

Something to remember we always work on our players playing in space, formations just allow us to take advantage of this space.

Joe

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 4
Share: