Notifications
Clear all

The Ride on Stretch/Power

Page 1 / 3

MHcoach
(@mhcoach)
Diamond
Topic starter  

Here is a great picture of our QB making the ride with eyes glued to the read man. The Back is making a large pocket & not grabbing the ball.

Joe

"Champions behave like champions before they're champions: they have a winning standard of performance before they are winners"Bill Walsh

Test Account
(@test-account)
Kryptonite

Joe
Can you explain what you mean when you talk about the "J" step used for Stretch/Power? Is your QB just moving the football from hip to hip or is he shuffling towards the read and if so how many shuffles?

Mike

Please don't PM or respond to this Member. It is an account for all of the posts from abandoned or banned Member Accounts.

ReplyQuote
MHcoach
(@mhcoach)
Diamond
Topic starter  

Mike

Here the QB is about to begin his ride, next would be the crow hop then the J step. The J step is a cross over with the down-field foot. On this particular play you can see the read man has already turned his shoulders the QB pulled & ran for 28 yds.

Joe

"Champions behave like champions before they're champions: they have a winning standard of performance before they are winners"Bill Walsh

ReplyQuote
Test Account
(@test-account)
Kryptonite

Joe

Sorry don't mean to be obtuse but the crow hop is the same thing as a shuffle right? Is it just one crow hop and then J step?

Thanks
Mike

Please don't PM or respond to this Member. It is an account for all of the posts from abandoned or banned Member Accounts.

ReplyQuote
DL
 DL
(@daniel-lyons)
Platinum

I made this for you to use at your leisure Joe.

Can show footwork including J step for QB and Back for zone and stretch, read and boot.

I assume you probably know PP better than me, but if you don't just hit control C and then control V to make more feet.

Right click or use the little bar at top to rotate them.

ReplyQuote
Dimson
(@dimson)
Diamond

Joe, how does the RB know he is getting the ball? As in when does he know to squeeze down and take the ball?

ReplyQuote
MHcoach
(@mhcoach)
Diamond
Topic starter  

Joe, how does the RB know he is getting the ball? As in when does he know to squeeze down and take the ball?

Chris

Our back never squeezes or pulls at the ball, if the ball is there after the ride he has 2 hands on it covering the points. See slide 20 in the PP.

Joe

ReplyQuote
MHcoach
(@mhcoach)
Diamond
Topic starter  

Dan

I can describe it, move the feet on your PP, & several other things. All seem to make it over complicated. It's best to be seen . When I show it it is so simple, when I describe it, it sounds like brain surgery.

Joe

ReplyQuote
MHcoach
(@mhcoach)
Diamond
Topic starter  

Here is a picture of the crow hop. I will get one of the J step when I get home.

Joe

ReplyQuote
Dimson
(@dimson)
Diamond

Chris

Our back never squeezes or pulls at the ball, if the ball is there after the ride he has 2 hands on it covering the points. See slide 20 in the PP.

Joe

Do you teach them to take the hand off? Layered?

ReplyQuote
MHcoach
(@mhcoach)
Diamond
Topic starter  

Chris

Look at the first slide. Big pocket thumb down.

Joe

ReplyQuote
MHcoach
(@mhcoach)
Diamond
Topic starter  

Here is a picture of the J Step. Our QB just completed the ride, see the read man tackling the back & how he has cleared them to come down hill.

Joe

ReplyQuote
MHcoach
(@mhcoach)
Diamond
Topic starter  

Here is our back up QB with a great example of the Jstep.

Joe

ReplyQuote
Test Account
(@test-account)
Kryptonite

Joe
How much time do you spend on power stretch each practice?

Mike

ReplyQuote
MHcoach
(@mhcoach)
Diamond
Topic starter  

Mike

At the HS level we read everyone across the front depending on the play. Every day we work rides & reads for 15 minutes before practice starts. At the Youth level we didn't have that time, but we did work it 10 minutes everyday.

Joe

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3
Share: