Clear all

The Ride on Stretch/Power

Page 2 / 3

MHcoach
(@mhcoach)
Diamond
Topic starter  

Dan

Here is my attempt to use your PP, it will probably be more confusing.

Joe

"Champions behave like champions before they're champions: they have a winning standard of performance before they are winners"Bill Walsh

ReplyQuote
DL
 DL
(@daniel-lyons)
Platinum

Dan

Here is my attempt to use your PP, it will probably be more confusing.

Joe

Lol.

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite

Joe

That is very helpful. I have a similar document that explains the intricacies of the SW spinning backfield.....with little footprints !

What is beautiful, lives forever.

ReplyQuote
MHcoach
(@mhcoach)
Diamond
Topic starter  

Mike

It's funny it takes pages to explain, yet I teach it in under a minute on the field. It's really just a progression of the things I have learned over the years.

joe

"Champions behave like champions before they're champions: they have a winning standard of performance before they are winners"Bill Walsh

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite

Mike

It's funny it takes pages to explain, yet I teach it in under a minute on the field. It's really just a progression of the things I have learned over the years.

joe

Joe

You are trying to teach people to dance with the written word. Your diagram summed it all up for me and I already kinda knew what you were describing. Now its clear as day.  🙂

What is beautiful, lives forever.

ReplyQuote
MHcoach
(@mhcoach)
Diamond
Topic starter  

Mike

Then awesome!

The first day we do all this it looks like all our QB's ride those short buses. It takes many reps to make it look seamless. Their Arms look like they cross, & their legs look like a bear in a trap. Once they begin to feel comfortable, then everything else becomes easy.

Joe

ReplyQuote
CoachJohn
(@coachj)
Platinum

Joe,

I have been looking at the powerpoint of the footwork you posted.  Would the attached be close to what you are talking about when it comes to the complete footwork process including the Crow Hop and J-step?

"One who gains strength by overcoming obstacles possesses the only strength which can overcome adversity." - Albert Schweitzer

ReplyQuote
MHcoach
(@mhcoach)
Diamond
Topic starter  

John

Nice job, the only thing is on the crow hop both feet move at the same time.

Joe

ReplyQuote
CoachMattC
(@coachmattc)
Gold

Dan's powerpoint covers the footwork for stretch/power from Pistol. But, let's talk from Gun. Here is what I think I know:

TB moves up 1/2 a yard so his heels are roughly at the QB's toes. TB opens with playside foot to 5 o'clock, toe pointed at sideline, and tries to get shoulders parallel to the sideline on 2nd step. His angle is flat until he gets outside the tackle then it is just Stretch (run to daylight).

QB takes snap while stepping playside with the playside foot and his eyes go to the read (playside contain). Now he crop hops and executes the quarter turn disconnect based on the read. J step is with the backside foot at the A gap and he follows the pulling guard, reading his block.

How did I do?

‎"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." Benjamin Franklin

ReplyQuote
MHcoach
(@mhcoach)
Diamond
Topic starter  

Matt

Gun there is no "J" step. The ride is a 1/4 turn disconnect. You are very close, if you want come up to practice one day & I can have my guys show you live.

Joe

ReplyQuote
CoachMattC
(@coachmattc)
Gold

Matt

Gun there is no "J" step. The ride is a 1/4 turn disconnect. You are very close, if you want come up to practice one day & I can have my guys show you live.

Joe

I would love to. You guys start today, right?

‎"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." Benjamin Franklin

ReplyQuote
MHcoach
(@mhcoach)
Diamond
Topic starter  

Matt

Yes, I am sure I will be crying later how we won't win a game. 150+ players & they all stink!

Joe

ReplyQuote
CoachMattC
(@coachmattc)
Gold

Matt

Yes, I am sure I will be crying later how we won't win a game. 150+ players & they all stink!

Joe

Better that you can cry to me in person then. I'll bring some Kleenex.

Is today a good day to come up or should I wait a couple days? If it's good, what time do you start?

ReplyQuote
Dimson
(@dimson)
Diamond

Matt

Joe

I hear a rumor that some of our former players are going to be starting on offense this year. I hope they don't stink!

ReplyQuote
CoachMattC
(@coachmattc)
Gold

Stopped by Joe's practice today and got the info I needed. Much easier to understand the footwork when I saw it live. For the lurkers, here is the modified post from above:

TB moves up 1/2 a yard so his heels are roughly at the QB's toes. TB opens with playside foot to 5 o'clock, toe pointed at sideline, and tries to get shoulders parallel to the sideline on 2nd step. His angle is flat until he gets outside the tackle then it is just Stretch (run to daylight).

QB takes snap while stepping playside with the playside foot and his eyes go to the read (playside contain). Now he crow hops and executes the quarter turn disconnect based on the read. He steps with the backside foot at the A gap (not a J step) as the TB clears and follows the pulling guard, reading his block.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3
Share: