Notifications

3 Deep/3 Under and/or 2 Deep/4 Under Coverages  

Page 1 / 2
  RSS

defensewins
(@defensewins)
Silver
January 29, 2018 11:55 am  

I am curious if any one runs any fire zone COVERAGES on their youth teams.  Either three deep three underneath OR 2 deep four underneath. 

Coach Correa
(@coach-correa)
Gold
Head Coach
January 29, 2018 12:24 pm  

Yes we have. Being that we base out of 3 deep we have a blood series out of our 2 deep shell also. Thru out my growing process as HC and forcing myself to be better defensively we have arrived to the fire zone way of thinking which honestly has a place in the youth football game.

Head Coach Tito Correa New Britain Raiders 14-U

ReplyQuote
Dusty Ol Fart
(@youth-coach)
Diamond
Illinois
Other
Club Admin
January 29, 2018 1:48 pm  

Unless I see a huge propensity to pass we are a cover 2 Shell.  3 Under

Not MPP... ONE TASK!  Teach them!  🙂

ReplyQuote
Coach Correa
(@coach-correa)
Gold
Head Coach
January 29, 2018 5:21 pm  

I think -C3 INSIDE-Is a great coverage behind a smoke blitz or saw blitz

ReplyQuote
Coach Correa
(@coach-correa)
Gold
Head Coach
January 29, 2018 5:24 pm  

Its very easy to balance rush and zone rotations for backers behind the 5 man blitz. Once you undrestand the underneath zones exchanges become easy after pattern distrubution.

ReplyQuote
somecoach
(@coach-tony)
Bronze
January 29, 2018 5:30 pm  

Unless I see a huge propensity to pass we are a cover 2 Shell.  3 Under

hey coach how do you run this?

Is it 2 high over the #2's

Corner's under #1

Mike roaming the middle?

ReplyQuote
coacho
(@coacho)
Silver
January 30, 2018 12:38 am  

With my Jr.HS team I like to run an Over Under combination. It can look like a 2 Deep but it's Man Under and a Safety over the top. We'll call this if we get a tendency on a team. Just another twist!

ReplyQuote
Dusty Ol Fart
(@youth-coach)
Diamond
Illinois
Other
Club Admin
January 30, 2018 2:49 am  

hey coach how do you run this?

Is it 2 high over the #2's

Corner's under #1

Mike roaming the middle?

With the 6-3 Safeties Over Top,  Outside Linebackers Hook/Curl,  Mike Middle.  We still bring 6.    Mind You this is Basic coverage used ages 8-12.  Essentially we are Speed Rushing from both sides putting a clock on you of about 2.5 seconds.  Rotating Zone.    If you are a Good Passing Team we have coverages that can go from Tampa 2 to Cover 2 4 under. 

ReplyQuote
Coach Correa
(@coach-correa)
Gold
Head Coach
January 30, 2018 4:07 am  

So who covers the flat's ? or are you voiding those zones ? or  are we talking base C2 ?

ReplyQuote
Dusty Ol Fart
(@youth-coach)
Diamond
Illinois
Other
Club Admin
January 30, 2018 8:08 am  

So who covers the flat's ? or are you voiding those zones ? or  are we talking base C2 ?

If we go Full ON Zone to shut down the passing game.  Safeties deep 1/2.  Mike, Middle under, OSLB Hook to Curl, DE Flats.    Can also Tampa Drop Mike to Deep Middle

ReplyQuote
ZACH
 ZACH
(@bucksweep58)
Diamond
Coach
January 31, 2018 5:12 am  

General fire zone is 3 up n 3 under

Jim Johnson ala former eagles dc and Dick Lebeau used a lot of 2 high fire zone.

I used 2 high at jr high level

Either 2 high with safeties or corners
Who ever has # 3 in the backfield covers middle whole and spies.

Everyone else went for broke on the blitz either from edge with seam coverage or with inside pressure and hook coverage

I can explain it to you, I can't understand if for you.

ReplyQuote
Test Account
(@test-account)
Kryptonite
January 31, 2018 5:16 am  

It's cover2

Please don't PM or respond to this Member. It is an account for all of the posts from abandoned or banned Member Accounts.

ReplyQuote
ZACH
 ZACH
(@bucksweep58)
Diamond
Coach
January 31, 2018 5:48 am  

http://www.blitzology.com/2016/11/interesting-cover-2-zone-pressure.html?m=1

I can explain it to you, I can't understand if for you.

ReplyQuote
angalton
(@angalton)
Platinum
February 6, 2018 9:50 am  

When blitzing in your fire zone, how is the call made to the blitzers? Do you blitz gaps or position? Instead of the A gap, they blitz the guard. Learn how to attack the man and penetrate on the soft side. On the underneath zones, how do they determine their landmark or route the are covering? Are they set calls or adjustments made before snap on alignment?

The greatest accomplishment is not in never failing, but in rising again after you fail.

ReplyQuote
33coach
(@33coach)
Bronze
February 6, 2018 11:24 am  

last year i pretty much lived in 3 under 3. love it as a coverage because of how simple it is to teach and rep (especially at the 7th and 8th grade level where i  spent the last couple years)

blitzes were inline with our blitz philosophy: "blitz to alignment". meaning we will never ever ever show where our 3 tech is going to be presnap, we will also never show you where our 4th and 5th rusher is coming from presnap.

if i want to get into a classic 5-3-1-5-9 front.. im slanting and blitzing from a heads up alignment to get there. 

but on the actual coverage we use landmarks for angle not for depth.. we cant control how deep a receiver goes so why put a cap on it.

SCF Player = 5 step vertical drop..then angle to top of #s.. adjust based on #2... give deep/cross/cut call

Inside Player = 5 step vertical drop... then angle to hashmark to the side of #3 (or release of running back)...adjust based on #3... listen for cross call.

STC & TEs coach - Mission Prep HSNewly Converted member to the Church of Saint Tubby

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: