Notifications

Double Coverage  

RSS

Rockets11
(@rockets11)
Bronze
October 5, 2017 9:46 am  

Good afternoon guys, we are playing a team this week with one stud receiver that gets nearly all of the targets on pass plays.  I wanted to double cover him with the corner and free safety but need to know how to teach it. In particular, what do I tell the fs other than you're double covering this guy? what are the proper alignments/ leverage techniques?

The receiver will lineup as an outside receiver in a 2x2 spread and run either a quick slant or a deep fade or he will line up as a tight end in a full house and run a deep corner.

Thanks for any help

ZACH
 ZACH
(@bucksweep58)
Diamond
Coach
October 5, 2017 10:16 am  

Good afternoon guys, we are playing a team this week with one stud receiver that gets nearly all of the targets on pass plays.  I wanted to double cover him with the corner and free safety but need to know how to teach it. In particular, what do I tell the fs other than you're double covering this guy? what are the proper alignments/ leverage techniques?

The receiver will lineup as an outside receiver in a 2x2 spread and run either a quick slant or a deep fade or he will line up as a tight end in a full house and run a deep corner.

Thanks for any help

Dont give him space...bracket or stone him

Fs plays off of cb...so...if cb is pressed... fs is off...if cb is inside leverage fs has side line... if cb had side line, fs has inside leverage.  One stays ontop and one underneath.

http://runcodhit.blogspot.com/2010/10/bracket-coverage-part-i-basics.html?m=1

I can explain it to you, I can't understand if for you.

ReplyQuote
Rockets11
(@rockets11)
Bronze
October 5, 2017 11:00 am  

What I was looking for. Thank you!!

ReplyQuote
Test Account
(@test-account)
Kryptonite
October 12, 2017 3:11 pm  

You can do any number of thing but, you will make it simpler for yourself and your kids if you know exactly what you are trying to take away. For example, if they make a living throwing the slant, which I seriously doubt, you can play in and out with one person having the wr vertical and over the top and the other chasing playing underneath. Or you can play 3 on 2 and play that any number of ways.

Please don't PM or respond to this Member. It is an account for all of the posts from abandoned or banned Member Accounts.

ReplyQuote
Share: