Notifications

Quarters and buzz  

RSS

Test Account
(@test-account)
Kryptonite
February 12, 2017 4:28 pm  

Just for a little background information; Buzz to me is backer to flat and safety to hook in 3 deep. or corner to curl and back to flat in 2 deep.
So would it be feasible to teach quarters to look like 2  and 3 deep to one side any ways.

Please don't PM or respond to this Member. It is an account for all of the posts from abandoned or banned Member Accounts.

ZACH
 ZACH
(@bucksweep58)
Diamond
Coach
February 13, 2017 7:52 am  

Just for a little background information; Buzz to me is backer to flat and safety to hook in 3 deep. or corner to curl and back to flat in 2 deep.
So would it be feasible to teach quarters to look like 2  and 3 deep to one side any ways.

Buzz to me and every clinic ive been to for cover 3 is an automatic flat drop by the backer to curl flat. No run read.

As far as disguising quarters from a single high shell i am sure you can do it... if one safety is just a little in front or they start in single high and roll... but quarters is a nice surprise when they the offense thinks theyre getting cover 2 or cover 4

I can explain it to you, I can't understand if for you.

ReplyQuote
MHcoach
(@mhcoach)
Diamond
Florida
February 13, 2017 8:31 am  

Buzz is Backer to flat & Safety playing robber. Yes it is a variation of 3.

A lot of 4-2-5 teams today are playing split field coverages vs 2x2 sets, I'm not sure how you would do this from a 3 shell but I imagine it's possible.

Joe

"Champions behave like champions before they're champions: they have a winning standard of performance before they are winners"Bill Walsh

ReplyQuote
somecoach
(@coach-tony)
Bronze
March 18, 2017 10:23 am  

Not sure what you are asking here...

Buzz is a good changeup to quarters when you buzz you strong saftey into the box

You can play "Virginia Tech Robber" from a one high shell, in which the Free saftey Robs the playside #2. Works vs nearly anything except 2x2. In that case you will have to check to 3 or check to 2 high.

H
                        F
                        Q                Z
        X        O O O O O Y
            $  E    N    T  E  S
                    W    M
          C                    F      C
^ V-tech Robber

You can make the $ a hybrid guy that can drop back to play 2 high, but requires a lot of teaching imo

Q  T
        H                          Y
X              O O O O O              Z
          $  E    N    T  E    S
                W    M
  C                F                  C

^Free checks to 1 high to account for 2#2's

Q  T
    H                        Y
X          O O O O O            Z
          E    N    T  E
      W          M          S
  C    $                  F      C

^checking to double Robber requires more teaching 

Thats why most Quarters teams like basing out of 2 high

H
                F
                Q                      Z
X      O  O  O  O  O  Y
C    E      N      T  E  S    C
          W      M
        $                  F

^ Quarters vs Pro

ReplyQuote
Test Account
(@test-account)
Kryptonite
March 18, 2017 4:51 pm  

N

Not sure what you are asking here...

Buzz is a good changeup to quarters when you buzz you strong saftey into the box

You can play "Virginia Tech Robber" from a one high shell, in which the Free saftey Robs the playside #2. Works vs nearly anything except 2x2. In that case you will have to check to 3 or check to 2 high.

H
                        F
                        Q                Z
        X        O O O O O Y
            $  E    N    T  E  S
                    W    M
          C                    F      C
^ V-tech Robber

You can make the $ a hybrid guy that can drop back to play 2 high, but requires a lot of teaching imo

Q  T
        H                          Y
X              O O O O O              Z
          $  E    N    T  E    S
                W    M
  C                F                  C

^Free checks to 1 high to account for 2#2's

Q  T
    H                        Y
X          O O O O O            Z
          E    N    T  E
      W          M          S
  C    $                  F      C

^checking to double Robber requires more teaching 

Thats why most Quarters teams like basing out of 2 high

H
                F
                Q                      Z
X      O  O  O  O  O  Y
C    E      N      T  E  S    C
          W      M
        $                  F

^ Quarters vs Pro

Nobody, I mean absolutely nobody throws to 2 in the seam in my league or in our organization. 2nd. nobody has linemen that do not chase or block individuals.
So for me, playing buzz means somebody is going to come unblocked.
The beauty of quarters is that you can morph into about anything you want.
I can play quarters to #2 and never in the history of the world worry about #2 going the seam, which means I  believe I can make quarters and buzz look identical
And I think, I can play 2 with the corner in the curl and the linebacker in the flat.
So want to player and play it like buzz? am I wrong? same with 2 buzz

Please don't PM or respond to this Member. It is an account for all of the posts from abandoned or banned Member Accounts.

ReplyQuote
Dusty Ol Fart
(@youth-coach)
Diamond
Illinois
Other
Club Admin
March 18, 2017 5:31 pm  

I guess my question would be......

For the limited time we Youth Coaches have with our kids, why would you try all the variations?  To my thinking you fooling or frustrating yourself and your kids. 

Personally, I have 3 weeks to prepare for the season opener.  Its all about getting it in!  Offense, Defense, Special Teams!  I don't have time.  I go with what I know and teach from there.

That being said, Mid Season, I might experiment a bit on both sides of the ball once I have seen what I have against the opposition.  Its all relative!  My Stud(s) might not measure up.

Just sayin 

Not MPP... ONE TASK!  Teach them!  🙂

ReplyQuote
Test Account
(@test-account)
Kryptonite
March 18, 2017 6:02 pm  

I guess my question would be......

For the limited time we Youth Coaches have with our kids, why would you try all the variations?  To my thinking you fooling or frustrating yourself and your kids. 

Personally, I have 3 weeks to prepare for the season opener.  Its all about getting it in!  Offense, Defense, Special Teams!  I don't have time.  I go with what I know and teach from there.

That being said, Mid Season, I might experiment a bit on both sides of the ball once I have seen what I have against the opposition.  Its all relative!  My Stud(s) might not measure up.

Just sayin

Dude I am just spit ballin'.

ReplyQuote
Dusty Ol Fart
(@youth-coach)
Diamond
Illinois
Other
Club Admin
March 18, 2017 6:15 pm  

Is that just like throwing Ju Ju Bees at the theater Screen and hoping they stick?  LOL  😀

Not MPP... ONE TASK!  Teach them!  🙂

ReplyQuote
Test Account
(@test-account)
Kryptonite
March 18, 2017 6:22 pm  

Is that just like throwing Ju Ju Bees at the theater Screen and hoping they stick?  LOL  😀

I am just interested in exchange of ideas. I am normally looking for confirmation of something I have seen or read. Is their a possibility I saw it or read it wrong? absolutely. I have no interest in re-inventing the wheel though.

ReplyQuote
somecoach
(@coach-tony)
Bronze
March 18, 2017 9:14 pm  

N Nobody, I mean absolutely nobody throws to 2 in the seam in my league or in our organization. 2nd. nobody has linemen that do not chase or block individuals.
So for me, playing buzz means somebody is going to come unblocked.
The beauty of quarters is that you can morph into about anything you want.
I can play quarters to #2 and never in the history of the world worry about #2 going the seam, which means I  believe I can make quarters and buzz look identical
And I think, I can play 2 with the corner in the curl and the linebacker in the flat.
So want to player and play it like buzz? am I wrong? same with 2 buzz

Can you diagram it?... I think that will clear up the confusion

ReplyQuote
Share: