Notifications
Clear all

Defending this play

CoachBobV
(@coachbobv)
Copper
Topic starter  

Morning guys,
Facing a really fast team tomorrow that primarily runs a wishbone. Not too concerned about that but I am having a brain freeze on how to defend a specific play they run. It's not out of the wishbone but out of a double TE/ double wing set with a single back. The wings pass block as well as the single back. The TEs both release for down and outs. Was thinking of aligning in Mahonz's DW Killer but want to make sure I have coverage correct. They have a 10 yr. old QB with a cannon of an arm.....30 yd. spirals like a frozen rope and accurate. Not too good at diagraming plays on here so hopefully I explained the play ok. Thanks guys.
                                                                                                            Coach Bob V

mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite

Morning guys,
Facing a really fast team tomorrow that primarily runs a wishbone. Not too concerned about that but I am having a brain freeze on how to defend a specific play they run. It's not out of the wishbone but out of a double TE/ double wing set with a single back. The wings pass block as well as the single back. The TEs both release for down and outs. Was thinking of aligning in Mahonz's DW Killer but want to make sure I have coverage correct. They have a 10 yr. old QB with a cannon of an arm.....30 yd. spirals like a frozen rope and accurate. Not too good at diagraming plays on here so hopefully I explained the play ok. Thanks guys.
                                                                                                            Coach Bob V

B

Its pretty late....no practice time left.  ???

I'd post up the TE's with your CB's or OLB ( however you practice it ) and disrupt the timing.

Even great youth QB's feel pressure. If he does not see his TE's in route...panic time.

What is beautiful, lives forever.

ReplyQuote
CoachBobV
(@coachbobv)
Copper
Topic starter  

We won 12-0 Coach. They only completed one pass the entire game and it was for a loss...screen play that my Sam LB sniffed out and body slammed the back for an 8 yd. loss. Corners did a great job covering the TEs...jammed them at the line and stayed right in their hip pocket when they did try to run their routes. DEs bottled the star QB up completely...actually knocked him out of the game midway thru the third...kid is ok but wanted nothing to do with going back in the game. Thanks for the help.

ReplyQuote
Share: