Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] 2017 DC Wing T Download

Page 2 / 2

chiefs58
(@chiefs58)
Bronze

One quick note.  You can ask tons of questions on here to try and avoid reading the manual but you won't be as prepared to coach it.  I am not a fan of reading but I read this manual 3 times the first season and have gone back to it many other times. The last time I took about 15 pages of notes.  Plus I've watched the install video several times and again before every season.  FIRE FIRE FIRE.    DRIVE DRIVE DRIVE.  LOL

You guys new to this really need the install video. Key things to training OL and RBs in there that is better seen than read. 

You can know all of the best plays to install but if you are running them incorrectly what does it matter.  We have our first playoff game this Saturday and last night I had to retrain my 2nd Year FB to stop running towards the LG and messing up the handoff.

Best advice read the manual and get install video and watch it over and over.  Then when you start installing 23/25 and 24/26 start asking questions

Currently coaching 12 yr olds

ReplyQuote
coachsube
(@coachsube)
Lurker

One quick note.  You can ask tons of questions on here to try and avoid reading the manual but you won't be as prepared to coach it.  I am not a fan of reading but I read this manual 3 times the first season and have gone back to it many other times. The last time I took about 15 pages of notes.  Plus I've watched the install video several times and again before every season.  FIRE FIRE FIRE.    DRIVE DRIVE DRIVE.  LOL

You guys new to this really need the install video. Key things to training OL and RBs in there that is better seen than read. 

You can know all of the best plays to install but if you are running them incorrectly what does it matter.  We have our first playoff game this Saturday and last night I had to retrain my 2nd Year FB to stop running towards the LG and messing up the handoff.

Best advice read the manual and get install video and watch it over and over.  Then when you start installing 23/25 and 24/26 start asking questions

Coach,

How did the DCWT do with 7-8 year olds?  I will be coaching that age this season and I am considering the DCWT. 

Thanks

ReplyQuote
DumCoach
(@dumcoach)
Diamond

Coach,

How did the DCWT do with 7-8 year olds?  I will be coaching that age this season and I am considering the DCWT. 

Thanks

Just in case Chiefs58 doesn't reply, he's been using it for years with that age group and usually makes it to the championship. 

"Football is for the kids - But let's win anyway."

ReplyQuote
CoachOCD
(@coachocd)
Platinum

ran dcwt ish offenses with 8-9
jet sweep(aka speed) killed 8 out of 10 teams
the wedge was our biggest gainer per play call...aka qb wedge, the fake speed sweep was to much bait for the D not to bite.
we were the #1 scoring team in league, scoring max allowable (35) more points than other team every game but 2
12-0 won championship

at 7 8, the wedge is going to be your killer play, and the kids love running it!!!!

ReplyQuote
Wing-n-It
(@robert)
Platinum Moderator

the wedge was our biggest gainer per play call...aka qb wedge, the fake speed sweep was to much bait for the D not to bite.
we were the #1 scoring team in league, scoring max allowable (35) more points than other team every game but 2
12-0 won championship

at 7 8, the wedge is going to be your killer play, and the kids love running it!!!!

I have found all of this to be true. Except winning the championship part with me. If you don't overthink this offense its very powerful. I love this O

2 Things my offense will always have is a Wing and a Wedge

ReplyQuote
Dimson
(@dimson)
Diamond

12-0 won championship

Do you mind sharing your play list? I coach this age group often and I would really like to know what plays you focused on.

ReplyQuote
chiefs58
(@chiefs58)
Bronze

Sorry about the super late response.  Coached 7-8 5 of my 10 years.  The system makes you look great.  Always start with 23/25 then 24/26. This teaches everyone left side and right side backfield motion.  After that literally everything will fall in place.  Those plays mentioned have to be perfect.  As soon as they are add 33 Quick and 36.  Then Half Back Over (HBO) 34 Quick and HBO 35.  Before you know it you’ll add a que here and there and have over 50 plays. 

It’s great

ReplyQuote
chiefs58
(@chiefs58)
Bronze

12-0 won championship

To add to this.  We did waaaaay better with our Wedge once we went WIngback Over SLot Over Wedge.  3 back doubled their closest DE with our TE and 2 back doubled their other DE with the WB.  Like blocking the punt gunner.  This kept the QB from getting pulled down from behind. 

Also we had an audible any time we were in Trips and they adjusted, we just Wedge out of the Trips formation

ReplyQuote
DumCoach
(@dumcoach)
Diamond

Coach,

Thanks

Chiefs 58 won his 2017 championship game.

ReplyQuote
Wing-n-It
(@robert)
Platinum Moderator

Coach,

Thanks

I have had great success running the DCWingT with the youngins. Its been berry berry good to me

Teach wedge and that will buy you time, get good at defense early and that will steal you wins.

When the season goes on the teams wont know what hit them even in playoffs.

Oh and have adjustments for playoffs and the superbowl.

Ask away your in the right place at the right time and you have offseason to get good.

2 Things my offense will always have is a Wing and a Wedge

ReplyQuote
DumCoach
(@dumcoach)
Diamond

Chiefs 58 won his 2017 championship game.

And he won it again this year. Finished the season 10-0

Outscored opponents 330-12. 

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: