Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Classic DCWT Links

Mosley the Cat
(@mosleythecat)
Silver Admin
Topic starter  

The links below are currently not working. I am looking to get the best info from the Classic Site on here in a different way.

Below are links I've compiled from the Archived DumCoach site. The original topic may have a different title than I have listed here, but I was trying to point to the information that I thought was most important in that post.

Please note that some of these posts are up to seven years old, so the terminology may have changed since then, but the value of the information is still top notch. If you have questions pertaining to anything in these posts, you can post them here. If the discussion warrants it, I will move it to its own topic on this forum.

This is a living document until I get through all 33 pages of posts. Enjoy!

Philosophy
Why DCWT? - Pt 1
Reason for RB Alignments

Evaluation
Football Schools Original

Drills, Training, etc.
Common Mistakes
FB Training
Running Off On Blocks
Center Cut Block
Center Blocking
Training the FB
WB Power Blocking - Kick vs Load

Installation and Play-Specific Topics
Installation Order
47 Speed Install
Left 32 Trap - (Not) Blocking Mike

Playlists
TD Plays 1
Fave Plays 1
Dodd Series

Formations
Plays from BO and EO

Strategies for Attacking
Adjusting to the Box
Chalk Talk - DCWT vs 33SA
Why Slot Against 50 Front?
5-2 Cover 2 with Stud DTs and Ss
Making the Quick 33 work against a 6-2

Don't cross my path.

SnapIt
(@trentsutton)
Copper

Is it possible that we might be able to resurrect these classic posts?

"Success is the peace of mind, which is a direct result of self-satisfaction in knowing you made the effort to become the best of which you are capable." - Coach John Wooden

ReplyQuote
Mosley the Cat
(@mosleythecat)
Silver Admin
Topic starter  

@trentsutton

I'll add that to my ToDo list!

Don't cross my path.

ReplyQuote
SnapIt
(@trentsutton)
Copper

@mosleythecat

Haha.    You are a good man!    Thanks so much for all of your hard work.   The new site looks awesome!

"Success is the peace of mind, which is a direct result of self-satisfaction in knowing you made the effort to become the best of which you are capable." - Coach John Wooden

ReplyQuote
Mosley the Cat
(@mosleythecat)
Silver Admin
Topic starter  

@trentsutton

So, I took a look at getting the Classic forum up and running this past weekend. I can get the topics list, but getting errors when trying to show the posts.  Part of it is that the XMB forum software used back then is not compatible with PHP7+. Their last minor release was in 2009.

I am looking to maybe recreating something like it for reading only. I have everything from the database and have a proof of concept in that first topic, Why DCWT, Pt. 1.  To be honest, I think a lot of the information in those posts have already been covered again in the newer stuff. I put that list together in 2013 when the old forum was less than three years old.

I may still work on it in my spare time.

Don't cross my path.

ReplyQuote
SnapIt
(@trentsutton)
Copper

@mosleythecat

Thanks so much for taking a look.   No worries.     You are probably right that most of the items are discussed in newer posts anyway.   I thought this would be nice to have with so many great topics in an easy to find place.   Keep up the good work. 

ReplyQuote
Share: