Notifications
Clear all

DC Wing T 7u need some input

Millz
(@coachmillz)
Bronze
Topic starter  

We're a 7u team Running DC's Wing T we're very successful with it. We're undefeated and going to the playoffs. I want some feedback on my game film but I don't want to post it here for all to see. So if you're a true DC Wing T'er then pm me and I'll send you some film so you can give me some advice or tell me we're fine. I sent Clark Wilkins a link through email but I got no response.

DumCoach
(@dumcoach)
Diamond

Sorry.  It's hard to recognize.  I know why you're doing what you're doing.  I just haven't seen it.  No "23", no "33", no SE, no motion... It makes it tough.

1) When a back runs left, he holds the ball in his left hand.
2) Run SPW per the manual.  Show it to the refs so they know you're not assisting the runner.  Rep it to gain 10 yards. 
3) What happens if you run "33 Quick"? 

"Football is for the kids - But let's win anyway."

ReplyQuote
Millz
(@coachmillz)
Bronze
Topic starter  

I see want you're saying. The player that is normally a SE is the QB in this game because our starting QB was out of town. So the player I put at SE doesn't listen to well so we couldn't even run 58 reverse in this game. When we run wedge or toss it's always double tight because it works better for us. 33 quick hasn't worked well it doesn't get hit a yard most times so I don't run it. I know I need to neore patient but we only have 8:00 quarters so we don't have allot of time. My WB is supposed to go in motion on every play but he only does it half the time. He's supposed to be hitting the hole in between the nasty split of the TE and completing the wall but he has to be reminded to go in motion. No matter who I put there I have to remind them. SPW I've tried it but what we're doing now is working a little better. I am going to make sure my WB goes in motion and work on 33 quick more. How would you block 33 quick at this age?

ReplyQuote
DumCoach
(@dumcoach)
Diamond

How would you block 33 quick at this age?

"Maxi, 33 Quick Trap" with a rabbit behind the HB.

"Football is for the kids - But let's win anyway."

ReplyQuote
Share: