Notifications

DCWT BEAST  

Page 11 / 14
  RSS

gumby_in_co
(@gumby_in_co)
Platinum
December 1, 2017 7:19 am  

I'll tell you what, that little back ya'll have is tough.  He was taking some shots.

He's amazing. He's the kid you can keep feeding the ball to.  He injured his ribs early this season, so we limited his action. He came back full force in the playoffs.

This is my favorite run of his. It's from 2 years ago and when I first suspected that his parents found him in a crashed space ship.

When in doot . . . glass and oot.

ReplyQuote
michealmyers
(@michealmyers)
Bronze
December 1, 2017 9:19 am  

He's amazing. He's the kid you can keep feeding the ball to.  He injured his ribs early this season, so we limited his action. He came back full force in the playoffs.

This is my favorite run of his. It's from 2 years ago and when I first suspected that his parents found him in a crashed space ship.

Little dude too.  He was taking some big shots in that other clip, tough kid.

ReplyQuote
DumCoach
(@dumcoach)
Diamond
December 1, 2017 9:55 am  

Probably more of a passing team from Empty with this group. Beast is just OK as a passing formation. Needs to be set up.

Run picks.

"Football is for the kids - But let's win anyway."

ReplyQuote
DumCoach
(@dumcoach)
Diamond
December 1, 2017 9:58 am  

How far is nasty?

It seems that if you have the entire blocking surface protecting to the Center first then overloads get picked up so we never have them block out. I also think the beauty here is you have two blockers minimum running ISO with OLM climbing so double teams on LB'rs are not all that uncommon.

3-4 feet for age 11.

ReplyQuote
DumCoach
(@dumcoach)
Diamond
December 1, 2017 9:59 am  

Clark,

One of the first things I did was to explain "covered vs uncovered" rules. If there's a guy on your outside shade, he's covering you if his nose is on your shoulder or inside. If his nose is 1" outside your shoulder, he goes to the next guy. For those 1" guys, we allow the inside guy to help by chipping him before climbing. The outside guy asks for help. If the inside guy is climbing, he agrees to help. If he has a man in his inside gap, he says "no". If that's the case, the outside guy needs to get on his horse and make that block. Those extreme down blocks end up being either very effective or complete disasters. If it's a disaster, outside guy slides in a bit on the next play.

I don't know if that helps within the DCWT world, but it's how we solved this problem.

Does your TE block GOL?
Do your blocking backs have rules?

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite
December 1, 2017 10:11 am  

3-4 feet for age 11.

GOL for sure.

What is beautiful, lives forever.

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite
December 1, 2017 10:15 am  

Does your TE block GOL?

We have played around with some things and GOL keeps things clean.

ISO.....KO long....ISO going from inside out.

If the short side has a speed demon chasing you down....

KO short...KO long....ISO going from inside out.

BUT...we use 3 Sniffers.

What is beautiful, lives forever.

ReplyQuote
Wing-n-It
(@robert)
Platinum Moderator
United States
December 1, 2017 10:47 am  

I have 3 defensive priorities: Don't get swept, Don't give up explosive plays, Create turnovers.  We don't widen-out our defense, but I don't see how you're going to get outside of our contain men (our two best tacklers) who are lined up wide.  I'm not saying you couldn't score TDs on us, or that you couldn't get explosive plays.  But if you're looking for a pre-snap read to determine sweep, I don't think we're giving that to you.  Do you become an inside-run team, at that point?

--Dave

First, Im glad I don't have to face your teams from what Ive seen on film.
Thankfully I don't have to prepare my team for your team.
Judging by what you asked I would try to sweep no matter what align but our sweeps don't really look like sweeps. By Clarks rules that I have went by these last 9+ years is I wont run where you are. most of our sweeps are to the left and if someone is putting out a corner to stop the sweep he is usually not covering the SE I put to that side so the SE blocks the LB and the WB cuts up off of the HB block of the DE to that side. our sweeps are usually an "off wide tackle play that if the corner misses the tackle its a TD.
On the DC WingT the left tackle is supposed to block the corner but in youth the corner is usually so far out the LT cant get there.
So we will probably turn into an inside team and a counter team and take our chances

But again, Im glad I don't have to prepare for your, Mikes, Clarks, zachs, Josh's and a whole host of others here that I cant fit in a message

2 Things my offense will always have is a Wing and a Wedge

ReplyQuote
gumby_in_co
(@gumby_in_co)
Platinum
December 1, 2017 1:40 pm  

Does your TE block GOL?

Yes. TE is GOL.

Outside sniffer has first backer inside.*
Middle kicks EMLOS
Inside: a little more complicated. Our inside sniffer is/was an absolute beast, so he is going to get the biggest threat. We start with Mike, but if someone else is making tackles, then he gets a healthy dose of #15. This means we have to communicate and call out our blocks. Inside sniffer essentially mirrors the “problem child”. If he blitzes a gap, meet him in the gap. If he strafes to the edge, go around the TE’s block and meet him there. If backside pursuit is a problem, we tell him to go there. He always blocks backside on passes and counter.

* actually first unblocked backer inside.

When in doot . . . glass and oot.

ReplyQuote
DumCoach
(@dumcoach)
Diamond
December 3, 2017 1:46 pm  

I doodled this.  It uses finger blocking and pulls a guard. Splits are zero (LG), one foot (RT), two feet (LT), three feet (TE).  Those might be too big to pull.  It's attached.

ReplyQuote
headtrip
(@headtrip)
Bronze
December 3, 2017 6:36 pm  

I doodled this.  It uses finger blocking and pulls a guard. Splits are zero (LG), one foot (RT), two feet (LT), three feet (TE).  Those might be too big to pull.  It's attached.

I've pulled a guard about that distance recently without much issue. had one pretty athletic kid and one that wasn't quite as athletic and didn't have too much of an issue. They had to have a little sense of urgency about them for sure.

ReplyQuote
DumCoach
(@dumcoach)
Diamond
December 4, 2017 7:11 am  

So how would DP defend this?

O  O OO0 O O
          OOO
                    O

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
North Carolina
High School
December 4, 2017 2:23 pm  

So how would DP defend this?

I have tried and tried and tried to get my Xs where I want them, without your Os moving around.  Doesn't want to work for me.

DTs in the B-Gaps, DEs in the C-Gaps, Strong ILB in the D-Gap (3 yards depth), Strong OLB in an outside shade of the End (3 yards depth), Strong CB wider.  Safety at 12 yards depth even with the "QB."  Weakside ILB, OLB, CB doesn't matter.  If we're playing honest, they are all right of the Center.  If not, we're either blitzing with a weakside player, even if we're moving him to the strong side, leaving a LB and CB on the weakside.

--Dave 

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
DumCoach
(@dumcoach)
Diamond
December 4, 2017 10:56 pm  

I have tried and tried and tried to get my Xs where I want them, without your Os moving around.  Doesn't want to work for me.

DTs in the B-Gaps, DEs in the C-Gaps, Strong ILB in the D-Gap (3 yards depth), Strong OLB in an outside shade of the End (3 yards depth), Strong CB wider.  Safety at 12 yards depth even with the "QB."  Weakside ILB, OLB, CB doesn't matter.  If we're playing honest, they are all right of the Center.  If not, we're either blitzing with a weakside player, even if we're moving him to the strong side, leaving a LB and CB on the weakside.

--Dave

I sort of got this:

S                 

C                              C
    B                        B
            E  T    T  E 
        O  O OO0 O O
          OOO
                    O

Which I also figure I got wrong as I'm missing two defenders (ILB's).

Cisar or anyone else can try to if they want. 

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
North Carolina
High School
December 5, 2017 3:38 am  

No, that's not it.  I assume your Center is the squashed-looking circle.  If so, then my DTs should be in both B-Gaps.  (You have my strong side DT in the C-Gap.)  My SSILB should be where you placed my E, but at 3 yards depth.  WSILB can be head-up over the Center at 3 yards depth.

--Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
Page 11 / 14
Share: