Notifications
Clear all

facing a 4-4

Page 2 / 2

coachkev
(@coachkev)
Silver

It’s hard to beat a defense if you don’t know how they align or how they play.  For me, 2’s usually indicate a stack whereas 1/3’s are split look.  I have had formation success vs both but neither formation is in the manual. 

Stacks are vulnerable outside and the only way I’ve had success vs a split is using reach blocking on sweeps rather than gap blocking which contradicts the “book”. 

In either case, you need wedge, jailbreak, trap to attack inside on 4 dL

ReplyQuote
DumCoach
(@dumcoach)
Diamond

It’s hard to beat a defense if you don’t know how they align or how they play.  For me, 2’s usually indicate a stack whereas 1/3’s are split look.  I have had formation success vs both but neither formation is in the manual. 

If you see a "1" and a "3" go to "Super" (two TE's).  You should draw two "3's" for "20 Midline" and SPW.

"Football is for the kids - But let's win anyway."

ReplyQuote
coachkev
(@coachkev)
Silver

I should’ve clarified my post. Yes, of course use Super.  I was just suggesting, we felt it was necessary to adjust a look vs certain opponents. Subtle changes to a couple of players to gain an advantage

ReplyQuote
Wing-n-It
(@robert)
Platinum Moderator

I should’ve clarified my post. Yes, of course use Super.  I was just suggesting, we felt it was necessary to adjust a look vs certain opponents. Subtle changes to a couple of players to gain an advantage

And you just said the best thing about this offense
Its ability to adjust with very little thinking by the players

2 Things my offense will always have is a Wing and a Wedge

ReplyQuote
coachkev
(@coachkev)
Silver

And you just said the best thing about this offense
Its ability to adjust with very little thinking by the players

Yep. Beauty of Clark’s system for sure.

ReplyQuote
mpwcoachsmith
(@mpwcoachsmith)
Bronze
Topic starter  

Thanks for everyone's feedback on this.  Since we had wedge and traps, I decided not to add jailbreak not knowing their dline alignment.  Turns out wedge and base 23/24 was enough to run inside tackles.  🙂

ReplyQuote
JrTitan
(@jrtitan)
Gold

Facing a 4-4 this week.  They tend to walk the 4 LBs up close.  Read the manual on attacking a 4-4.  Any other thoughts out there?

Punt

"They call it coaching but it is teaching...You do not just tell them...you show them the reasons""You have to be smart enough to understand the game, and dumb enough to think it's important."“…you have no bad habits to break...We either coach it or are allowing allowing it to happen.”

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: