Jet Right 17 Read, 47 Screen  

RSS

Mosley the Cat
(@mosleythecat)
Silver Admin
Maryland
February 12, 2013 9:47 am  

This is from DC in the archives:

The play call is, "Right 47/17 Screen". The FB takes 3 steps at outside foot of RT and picks up first defender to show in front of, or outside, RT. HB runs "36" and takes DE. RG pulls, leads around the LT but does not block DE (No "Kick" call) and, instead, blocks inside, picking up anyone following WB. Snap is on "1" ("Right" call).

QB pivots right, puts ball on left hip and boots a 7 yard deep "17". He'll pass very close to FB and HB. Both HB and FB pretend to get the ball.

WB stays flat to LOS on "47".

If left DE covers QB on boot, QB throws over his head or pitches to WB just behind LT. Pass is behind LOS so blockers can be downfield. WB takes the pass and executes "47" with RG as lead blocker.

Does the name I gave it seem to follow DCWT terminology? Normally I would have the WB turning upfield after completing his jet motion (Jet Pass), so he'd have to know to stay on this side of the LOS.

Don't cross my path.

DumCoach
(@dumcoach)
Diamond
February 13, 2013 12:12 pm  

Don't think you need "Jet".  Have the QB "shovel" pass to the WB who should be passing LT about now. 

"Football is for the kids - But let's win anyway."

ReplyQuote
Mosley the Cat
(@mosleythecat)
Silver Admin
Maryland
February 13, 2013 3:00 pm  

Don't think you need "Jet".  Have the QB "shovel" pass to the WB who should be passing LT about now.

Yeah, you're right. I forgot that the 47 Screen part would cause the WB to skip his track block.  I guess the WB would have to slow it down to let the RG get out in front.

Don't cross my path.

ReplyQuote
DumCoach
(@dumcoach)
Diamond
February 14, 2013 8:27 am  

Yeah, you're right. I forgot that the 47 Screen part would cause the WB to skip his track block.  I guess the WB would have to slow it down to let the RG get out in front.

IF you snap on "one" (Right), you did slow him down.

Another possibility is to run it to the TE. 

"Football is for the kids - But let's win anyway."

ReplyQuote
joshv155
(@joshv155)
Platinum
February 14, 2013 8:34 am  

If DE attacks QB couldn't you train him to stop and pitch it to the WB who would be trailing QB, who then follows the RG ? Just thought a lob pass over a DE could give the defense time to catch up.

What about right 17 boot, 47 shovel ?

Passio Bellator

ReplyQuote
Mosley the Cat
(@mosleythecat)
Silver Admin
Maryland
February 14, 2013 9:58 am  

IF you snap on "one" (Right), you did slow him down.

Another possibility is to run it to the TE.

Man, that's two in a row I missed. Where was my head that day?

Don't cross my path.

ReplyQuote
Share: