Notifications
Clear all

Left 56

mpwcoachsmith
(@mpwcoachsmith)
Bronze
Topic starter  

I am seeing it very difficult for the SE to take an outside handoff with some speed and cut inside to the 6 hole.  Any suggestions?

I hate to make it 58 Power taking the WB out of faking 47.

DumCoach
(@dumcoach)
Diamond

I am seeing it very difficult for the SE to take an outside handoff with some speed and cut inside to the 6 hole.  Any suggestions?

You don't say if you actually tried it.
QB should be in the "23" handoff position as SE goes by. 
SE can aim for FB's starting position until even with QB and then run flat past the QB, parallel to LOS.
SE remains parallel for the next step past QB (as if running "38"), then hard left into the hole. 

Are you using TE "nasty" split?

I hate to make it 58 Power taking the WB out of faking 47.

Not a problem as FB and HB are both faking "23".

"Football is for the kids - But let's win anyway."

ReplyQuote
coachkev
(@coachkev)
Silver

Make sure split end is aligned properly
Handoff is outside at B gap.

8) You should run it every game ! 

ReplyQuote
mpwcoachsmith
(@mpwcoachsmith)
Bronze
Topic starter  

You don't say if you actually tried it.
QB should be in the "23" handoff position as SE goes by. 
SE can aim for FB's starting position until even with QB and then run flat past the QB, parallel to LOS.
SE remains parallel for the next step past QB (as if running "38"), then hard left into the hole. 

Are you using TE "nasty" split?

Not a problem as FB and HB are both faking "23".

I have tried it.  Yes, using TE nasty split.

Ok, it looks like the handoff is happening at the initial starting point of FB which I think is too deep to cut it back up and in.

ReplyQuote
coachkev
(@coachkev)
Silver

I have tried it.  Yes, using TE nasty split.

Ok, it looks like the handoff is happening at the initial starting point of FB which I think is too deep to cut it back up and in.

That's why I mentioned Handoff occurs at the b gap and SE aligns about 4 yds outside OT.  QB spins 23 , SE takes the ball almost immediately after the fake. Timing wise, it's maybe 1 step from QB after the FB fake. He needs to be looking at the hole and not the ball and is reading the DE BLOCK. 

ReplyQuote
Share: