Coach TonyM
(@ramoody)
Gold
North Carolina
Middle School
Head Coach
July 17, 2012 5:49 pm  

Ok guys,

I am in a unique situation. Looks like I am going to have a pretty decent team this year.  The unique part is the QB position.  So far, I have two kids that look pretty close as far as which one would be QB 1 and which would be QB 2.  Here is the unique part- one is a righty and the other is a lefty.  They have almost equal arm strength and accuracy.  One is a little bigger,  but he has less experience.  I am obviously going to play the best based on hit scores and other evaluations but I am wondering about the advantage/ disadvantage of utilizing both just based on being left handed vs right handed.  I know if nothing else I will install a "Wildcat" package with my HB (who is 6'1" and 175 lbs) as the Wildcat and the lefty out wide on the right and the right out wide to the left.... quick screen pass either side!!!! 

Anybody with any tips ideas or uses of this out of DC Wing T?  I was actually thinking of installing "flip" cue utilizing my lefty in the flip but don't see any obvious advantages to it...

ZACH
 ZACH
(@bucksweep58)
Diamond
Coach
July 17, 2012 6:01 pm  

Which receivers catch better your wb te or hb se (pass right/left) split the duties in a scrimmage and a game progress them the same a qb huntin for a job is a better one...

I dont know if theres a toss pass in dcwt but thats an option but then you have a tell.

My opinion runnem both and see who leads your team better

I can explain it to you, I can't understand if for you.

ReplyQuote
DumCoach
(@dumcoach)
Diamond
July 17, 2012 6:11 pm  

I've never known a lefty or a righty to influence DCWT.  But, if one of the two can block then you can run Toss. 

You can also send the RH one in as a HB and run HB Option Pass Right (A "WB Option Pass Left" never worked for me.). 

You can also train one QB to run nothing but triple option. 

"Football is for the kids - But let's win anyway."

ReplyQuote
Share: