making the switch to DCWT this season  

Page 6 / 7
  RSS

bayoubengal
(@bayoubengal)
Bronze
August 29, 2018 11:22 am  

38 pass right

If that Corner is containing the sweep let him sit out there and do nothing while you have your backfield run 38 power action, toss to the HB have him run 4-5 steps with the ball and then set up to throw to the WB running his pass right route. TD !!!

Jet Pass

How do they adjust to trips ? If they don't adjust 37 power screen. If they do wedge, left 12 trap, right 11 trap.... out formation them and run where they ain't !

haha this was pretty much the exact conversation my OC and I had

ReplyQuote
bayoubengal
(@bayoubengal)
Bronze
September 3, 2018 6:42 pm  

Had our first real game action Saturday. We played a weaker team but the backfield timing was much much better than last week. O line has progressed well too. Running a lot of 5 on 4 and using our starting backfield as the defense....oddly enough the o line blocked them better than our normal scout dline.
33 quick was still a big hitter as well as 47 toss. In practice We added a “47 toss pass” and “fake 47 toss, TE corner”  to keep in our pockets for when we need them. Kids like running them and we’ve got a lefty WB that throws a pretty deep ball on the 47 toss pass

ReplyQuote
Wing-n-It
(@robert)
Platinum Moderator
United States
September 5, 2018 4:01 am  

we’ve got a lefty WB that throws a pretty deep ball on the 47 toss pass

My FB was a lefty and we had a similar play, 27 toss pass
TE was open every time

2 Things my offense will always have is a Wing and a Wedge

ReplyQuote
ZACH
 ZACH
(@bucksweep58)
Diamond
Coach
September 5, 2018 6:19 am  

37 quick pitch is a nice lil play to consider aswell

I can explain it to you, I can't understand if for you.

ReplyQuote
Majortom
(@majortom)
Bronze
September 5, 2018 4:44 pm  

37 Quck pitch...we never even practiced it but ran it in our 1st game for a Td and extra point.  They were keying my HB on tosses to the right (only kid with real RB experience) so I ran that play once with a WB over call that they did not adjust to and later when I started moving the WB over to lead block and they figured that out just left him in normal spot and went in for extra point later.
These are 7-9 yr olds.
Tom

14th year youth coach 7-12 yr olds

ReplyQuote
bayoubengal
(@bayoubengal)
Bronze
September 6, 2018 5:36 am  

we've been playing with 37 quick pitch in practice. throwing a lot at them but so far we are able to remember all of the calls about 90% of the time. With 7&8 year olds that's not too bad lol

ReplyQuote
joshv155
(@joshv155)
Platinum
September 6, 2018 12:14 pm  

No trouble with the DE on that play getting upfield on 37 quick pitch ?

Anyone run 38 rocket ? I never have but thinking about it.

Passio Bellator

ReplyQuote
jgg1970
(@jgg1970)
Bronze
September 6, 2018 2:04 pm  

Same quesion on 37 quick...

Installing 38 Rocket next week, hoping it can be a big hitter to the right.

ReplyQuote
DumCoach
(@dumcoach)
Diamond
September 6, 2018 2:16 pm  

"37 Quick Pitch" is pretty easily scouted but works fine until they do.

"Football is for the kids - But let's win anyway."

ReplyQuote
Majortom
(@majortom)
Bronze
September 10, 2018 4:37 pm  

1st time I ran it I moved the WB over to make that block (he crushed the DE that was looking inside)and the SE just stalked the Corner. next time they were keeping a close eye on where my WB went (he is our best blocker) so I left him in his normal alignment and the De was too far inside to make the play.
Tom

14th year youth coach 7-12 yr olds

ReplyQuote
joshv155
(@joshv155)
Platinum
September 12, 2018 7:36 am  

I was thinking about moving the WB over and cracking the DE to get outside of him. But that would pull out another defender.

Passio Bellator

ReplyQuote
bayoubengal
(@bayoubengal)
Bronze
September 17, 2018 9:25 am  

Playing a team that likes to overload the box and send two blitzers ( mostly walkup and cover the gap they’re going in, quick off the ball and rarely jump on snap count) almost every play. How do you guys counter this?

I’ve got my guys in a low 2 pt stance, thinking mini with an  “auto crab” call by covered lineman when he walks up...if we clog that gap there’s very little chance they can stop us after getting the handoff/pitch. They like to double A gap blitz a lot. Not trying to get my o line to blow them off the ball just hold the line against the rush...my backs can eat them alive if they get a step on them. We’ve got a pretty good group with the strength being G,C,G...recently swapped C and G so will be my C first real game vs something like this so we’ll rep as much as we can in practice.

Any thoughts from you experts are much appreciated

ReplyQuote
joshv155
(@joshv155)
Platinum
September 18, 2018 11:24 am  

Playing a team that likes to overload the box and send two blitzers ( mostly walkup and cover the gap they’re going in, quick off the ball and rarely jump on snap count) almost every play. How do you guys counter this?

I’ve got my guys in a low 2 pt stance, thinking mini with an  “auto crab” call by covered lineman when he walks up...if we clog that gap there’s very little chance they can stop us after getting the handoff/pitch. They like to double A gap blitz a lot. Not trying to get my o line to blow them off the ball just hold the line against the rush...my backs can eat them alive if they get a step on them. We’ve got a pretty good group with the strength being G,C,G...recently swapped C and G so will be my C first real game vs something like this so we’ll rep as much as we can in practice.

Any thoughts from you experts are much appreciated

What is their front other than the double A gap blitz ?

We just taught our guards who see this to dive into a bear crawl stance, head to the gap they would have been stepping towards, then throw their hips into the legs of the defender and bear crawl sideways. It's not a cut block where you dive at the knees, but is has the same effect.

Passio Bellator

ReplyQuote
bayoubengal
(@bayoubengal)
Bronze
September 18, 2018 11:29 am  

What is their front other than the double A gap blitz ?

We just taught our guards who see this to dive into a bear crawl stance, head to the gap they would have been stepping towards, then throw their hips into the legs of the defender and bear crawl sideways. It's not a cut block where you dive at the knees, but is has the same effect.

4 man front, DTs in a 2 or 3I

that's what we've been drilling, basically the same thing you would do

ReplyQuote
bayoubengal
(@bayoubengal)
Bronze
September 24, 2018 10:05 am  

5 games in and have to say i'm really liking this offense. its simple and powerful, both are things you really want  lol. I also like how its easy to add plays and make changes on the fly. Its tough to stop if you don't shoot yourself in the foot.

ReplyQuote
Page 6 / 7
Share: