Notifications

WB Motion  

RSS

Hogfan47
(@hogfan47)
Copper
July 26, 2013 9:33 am  

Second year running DCWT and we start August 5th and I absolutely can't wait. Last year to simplify things for myself while learning this offense I had my WB track block through the six unless he was getting the ball or going out for a pass.

What is everyone's opinion on this approach? Do I give up too much by not having Rocket or Power in my arsenal? I read that if you don't option, which we didn't, then having the WB pass the QB keys the plays.

Opinions please and as always thanks so much.

DumCoach
(@dumcoach)
Diamond
July 26, 2013 12:12 pm  

I'd throw in "38 Power". It's a play that some teams take to the house (The powerpoint shows how)  and some others get nothing.  You never know but it's worth trying.

"Football is for the kids - But let's win anyway."

ReplyQuote
CoachJohn
(@coachj)
Platinum
July 26, 2013 12:33 pm  

Hog fan, it all depends on whats in your playbook. I do not think it keys the plays at all.

Jet motion can be a very useful tool.

I ran the DC Wing T with 8 and 9 year olds last season.  Our plays used jet motion a lot.  Below are the plays.

24 Jet
23 Jet
Jet Pass (similar to Pass Left "0" open, except the WB would go upfield 7-10 yards, the SE stays on course to nearest deepest.
37 Power Pass (very similar to Jet pass, except WB would block the CB and the HB gets the pass)
25 Power, TEO 25 Power and EO 25 Power
BO 26 Power, 35 Jet
Pass Left
Wedge.

All these plays use WB jet motion behind the QB.  Not all of the plays above are hitting the area where the WB is motioning to.

Using jet motion, deceptively creates an unbalance formation placing more numbers playside.  Most younger level teams are not taught how to react to motion across the field.

Jet motion can also be used to displace a defender or run him off.  Say you call Jet Pass and the OLB vacated his area to cover. Next time around call 23 Jet to hit the vacated area.

Same holds true for plays on the right.  If the CB follows the WB motion, Clark suggest calling 38 Rocket next time around.  (Note: Freeze 38 Rocket Power will place the HB in Motion and not the WB)

"One who gains strength by overcoming obstacles possesses the only strength which can overcome adversity." - Albert Schweitzer

ReplyQuote
Hogfan47
(@hogfan47)
Copper
July 29, 2013 9:22 am  

That make a lot of sense,  I believe I'll give it a try.

Thanks.

ReplyQuote
Share: