Notifications
Clear all

Won championship but frustrated

Millz
(@coachmillz)
Bronze
Topic starter  

So we won everything went undefeated with DC's Wing T. I'm kinda frustrated because the defense got most if not all of the glory because they stopped thier high scoring offense. The thing is the other teams defense allowed the least points in the league and our defense came in second. We won 13-12 a low scoring affair but we beat thier defense. There's an article about us in the paper and it was all about how the defense stopped their #1 offense and the offense did a good job. What are your thoughts?

mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite

So we won everything went undefeated with DC's Wing T. I'm kinda frustrated because the defense got most if not all of the glory because they stopped thier high scoring offense. The thing is the other teams defense allowed the least points in the league and our defense came in second. We won 13-12 a low scoring affair but we beat thier defense. There's an article about us in the paper and it was all about how the defense stopped their #1 offense and the offense did a good job. That's B.S. to me. What are your thoughts?

Offense gets you to the big dance....Defense brings home the hardware.

I'd be giddy.  🙂

What is beautiful, lives forever.

ReplyQuote
DumCoach
(@dumcoach)
Diamond

A win is a win.

"Football is for the kids - But let's win anyway."

ReplyQuote
Bob Goodman
(@bob-goodman)
Diamond

So we won everything went undefeated with DC's Wing T. I'm kinda frustrated because the defense got most if not all of the glory because they stopped thier high scoring offense. The thing is the other teams defense allowed the least points in the league and our defense came in second. We won 13-12 a low scoring affair but we beat thier defense. There's an article about us in the paper and it was all about how the defense stopped their #1 offense and the offense did a good job. That's B.S. to me. What are your thoughts?

Rematch!  Rematch!  Re....

ReplyQuote
Dimson
(@dimson)
Diamond

A win is a win.

One day I hope to make a post like this.

ReplyQuote
Threepwood
(@wettstein)
Bronze

We won our conference last week against the #2 defense.  The score was 12-0.  Fortunately we had the #1 defense and #1 offense.  I would be lying if I didn't admit that defense won the game for us.  Our defense stopped two 1st and goal stands against them.  And on the second one, we drove 99 yards for the touchdown.  Now, onto the Superbowl next week!

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite

We won our conference last week against the #2 defense.  The score was 12-0.  Fortunately we had the #1 defense and #1 offense.  I would be lying if I didn't admit that defense won the game for us.  Our defense stopped two 1st and goal stands against them.  And on the second one, we drove 99 yards for the touchdown.  Now, onto the Superbowl next week!

Good luck next week !

What is beautiful, lives forever.

ReplyQuote
parone
(@parone)
Silver

i think it's a mistake to divvy up credit in any way.  i certainly hope that isn't being communicated in any way.  good teams have the ability to land the knockout blow in all three phases-and all must play well to beat a quality opponent.  who cares what the paper thinks?  that's like a boxer saying 'my right hand is getting more credit than my left hand and my footwork' only it's worse because you have a lot of different kids on the squad who might take it the wrong way.

i think you might have been trolling with that OP anyway.  if so, you got me good.

Dream Big.  Work Hard. Stay Humble.

ReplyQuote
Share: