Notifications
Clear all

Ok alignment

howietime
(@howietime)
Copper
Topic starter  

im thinking about lining my olb vs 2x2 head on inside shoulder vs #2 and making him go outside. I think it might eliminate confusion for the safety. Thoughts?

Topic Tags
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite

Why is the Safety confused?

--Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
Dusty Ol Fart
(@youth-coach)
Diamond

Coverage type?  Age Group?  How much Passing do you see?  

Not MPP... ONE TASK!  Teach them!  🙂

ReplyQuote
COACHDT
(@hawk2018)
Copper

How would this change confusion for the safety?  He would still be playing run until he sees/hears pass. His job doesnt change. This would make the OLB always drop back into the flats on any play he is not blocked. It would take away his run read(inside release).  The teams we play, run 99% of the time so we want him rushing on inside release and when his man blocks him.  This would also prevent him from blowing up a quick slant, which is the easiest route we see from #2's.  I want our OLB rushing in as mush as possible, so we put him outside shade on #2 looking at the backfield, so he can get his read.  If he goes inside we blow him up and go rush mode. If #2 blocks the OLB then he rushes, keeping inside leverage. Mean while the safety has to kill the bee and read the nearest deepest back...no matter what the OLB does. 

It would make the OLB's, job easier, but leave the slant untouched and take away any pressure he provides in the backfield.

ReplyQuote
howietime
(@howietime)
Copper
Topic starter  

Ya you guys are right. I think the problem is my olb isn't making contact with #2 so he's getting a free release and blowing by safety.

What are you guys telling your out side backers when the back acts like he's blocking up the middle and then release under neath and into the flats?

ReplyQuote
COACHDT
(@hawk2018)
Copper

@howietime

The olb would meet him and follow him.

The olb is staring at the back. So if #2 inside releases he chucks him and goes to rush mode, running into the back that is releasing. If #2 outside releases the olb backs up, still staring at the back. When the back releases,the olb stops and covers him.

If the olb isn’t watching the back he will run right by him though.

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite

Posted by: @howietime

I think the problem is my olb isn't making contact with #2 so he's getting a free release and blowing by safety. 

How shallow is your Safety playing?

--Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
howietime
(@howietime)
Copper
Topic starter  

@coachdp 6 yards off 4 inside.

ReplyQuote
Share: