Notifications

Personnel for Killer Bee  

RSS

William Harrell
(@coachwwharrell)
Bronze
Head Football Coach
October 5, 2014 5:04 am  

So in selecting personnel for Killer Bee for older players (Middle or High School), I am trying to figure out the best fit. Would it be any different from the College 4-3 that is popular today? Does it compare to Tom Landry's defensive personnel?

Hephzibah...PRIDE!!!

DumCoach
(@dumcoach)
Diamond
October 5, 2014 9:57 am  

So in selecting personnel for Killer Bee for older players (Middle or High School), I am trying to figure out the best fit. Would it be any different from the College 4-3 that is popular today? Does it compare to Tom Landry's defensive personnel?

It compares to Landry in the DE play, Mike play, and safety play.  Landry also had corners good enough to play man (Although they seldom did it they were pretty good at it.).  The OLB play does not come from Landry and favors a player that can drop back outside and INT.

Older players will likely produce better DT's like you see in a College 4-3 or Landry who will need ti be able to bat a pass or pressure the QB.     

"Football is for the kids - But let's win anyway."

ReplyQuote
Coreyv
(@coreyv)
Bronze
October 16, 2014 11:05 am  

Agree with Clark on needing CB good enough yo play man.You need DBs with better cover skills than youth because Qbs/wrs at this level can hook up better,WHICH  is true in any D.

We have been burned by shotgun spread because in some cases the QB receives the snap and hucks the ball within 2 secs to their best player.  Hard to get a rush in 2secs, & our players often have bad position and its a tough match up.  We have used nickel and worked on db skills, especially ball skills.  I think playing the ball in the air is a skill that many coaches don't teach or practice or take for granted.

CV

ReplyQuote
DumCoach
(@dumcoach)
Diamond
October 16, 2014 7:58 pm  

Agree with Clark on needing CB good enough yo play man.You need DBs with better cover skills than youth because Qbs/wrs at this level can hook up better,WHICH  is true in any D.

We have been burned by shotgun spread because in some cases the QB receives the snap and hucks the ball within 2 secs to their best player.  Hard to get a rush in 2secs, & our players often have bad position and its a tough match up.  We have used nickel and worked on db skills, especially ball skills.  I think playing the ball in the air is a skill that many coaches don't teach or practice or take for granted.

Good post!

"Football is for the kids - But let's win anyway."

ReplyQuote
Share: