Notifications
Clear all

Ran the Killer Bee at the high school level for 4 yrs

howietime
(@howietime)
Copper
Topic starter  

I took a break from coaching this year, but wanted to let everyone know how my 4 seasons went running the Killer Bee at the high school level. We made the state playoffs every year except the infamous Covid year where we had no playoffs.

We really liked this defense and I tried really hard to stay as close to the book as possible. We've gotten some compliments along the way, especially for the D-line and how they follow pulls. Our OLBers vs spread created some problems for teams.

I think the toughest part of this defense is you have to have guys that can cover man to man. You've got to be creative about putting pressure on the QB. I'd like to hear from any other coaches that have ran the KB in high school or even middle school and some pro's and con's. I think if we put our minds together we can make this a championship defense at the high school level too.

We are a small school but we faced all sorts of offenses which is really cool cause you learn how to defend just about everything. We faced Spread, Wishbone, Wing T, I-form, Air Raid, Option, flexbone, etc. 3x1, 3x2, 2x2, 4x1 like I said just about everything.

I'll try an answer anyone's questions the best I can. I have some stuff I'd like to throw out there in hopes to make this great defense even better. Thanks 

morris liked
morris
(@morris)
Platinum

Coach shoot me an email

jacobmorris77@yahoo.com

ReplyQuote
howietime
(@howietime)
Copper
Topic starter  

@morris