Notifications
Clear all

Bruce Eien Stupid Sweep

Ringworms
(@totalbev)
Bronze
Topic starter  

Coaches we put in his sweep play for the playoffs, ran it twice and scored on it twice. Was an easy install and I ran it for our upcoming Super Bowl opponent cause I knew they had been scouting us. I'm sure they spent plenty of practice time on lining up to this play.  ;D

This year I'm gonna run it a bunch as no coaches can be on the field. This was my 8u group last year and we will be 9u this season.

Frank Maguire, Piedmont, OK

DoubleWingCoach
(@doublewingcoach)
Gold

I have run it as well without a shift with 13U.  It worked well for me everytime I've run it.. I noticed you didn't seem to split out your Tight end into a flanker position.  Do that and it works even better... Moves the Cornerback way out wide with the shift....

ReplyQuote
Ringworms
(@totalbev)
Bronze
Topic starter  

I have run it as well without a shift with 13U.  It worked well for me everytime I've run it.. I noticed you didn't seem to split out your Tight end into a flanker position.  Do that and it works even better... Moves the Cornerback way out wide with the shift....

I will do that coach! Thanks for the tip!

Frank Maguire, Piedmont, OK

ReplyQuote
Threepwood
(@wettstein)
Bronze

Wow - I never thought I was the first to run those plays, but I never thought anyone else called them "stupid".  I used to call those "stupid right" and "stupid left" back in 2002.

ReplyQuote
32wedge
(@32wedge)
Silver Moderator

We had stupid wedge, stupid reverse and stupid pass.

ReplyQuote
Share: