Notifications

Getting my card back 🙂  

RSS

spidermac
(@spidermac)
Gold
November 13, 2018 4:39 am  

Okay, so I have one more game to coach this season...my new shiny 7 year old team. This year I was an AC on the team, taking it over next season.

The format will be 8 on 8, with rules that beg me to run DTDW again 🙂

Some of the rules are pushed down from USAFootball some of the rules are local. But the biggest ones that say please run wedge are, you cannot cover the center with a NT, MIKE must be 3 yards deep at the snap, and DT's cannot slant or stunt into the A GAP, without first contacting the G. So lots and lots of 30 Wedge.

Starting next Sunday, the DW playbook gets opened and I start peeling 3 players out of it.

We are going to pull the back side G for Power or Counter Plays

We are going to recess the line

We are going to go 0 splits

We are going to create a really nasty offensive line

We are going to create backs who finish their runs

With the coaching situation that these boys had this year, me with an older team, and the "interim" header with his own older team, the offense was what I would call a grab bag. Some I formation plays, some split back plays, some pistol direct snap plays, I guess it was a somewhat situational offense. We are going to run a series based offense, we will start with Buck Wedge Series and get Power Series in there as well, depending how quickly we can teach them will depend on how quickly we can get Power Series in.

Right now we have 7 kids for the 6 on 6 format, I believe we will have 10 to 12 kids for the 8 on 8 format...I would like to get one more ball guy, then the rest will be size...oh, and I want the ball guy to be on the big side 🙂

None of them suck, they just haven't found what the kid is good at yet.

CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
North Carolina
High School
November 13, 2018 5:51 am  

The format will be 8 on 8, with rules that beg me to run DTDW again

Why 8 on 8?

--Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
spidermac
(@spidermac)
Gold
November 13, 2018 6:01 am  

Why 8 on 8?

--Dave

Its a USA Football Initiative, Rookie Tackle, a bridge game between flag and full 11 on 11. First year its 6v6, second year 8v8 and then 11v11. They play on a smaller field, no special teams, special rules, no 3 point stances on O or D...(which I am now a convert on the 2 point for offense after two years in spread)...

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
North Carolina
High School
November 13, 2018 7:25 am  

Its a USA Football Initiative, Rookie Tackle, a bridge game between flag and full 11 on 11. First year its 6v6, second year 8v8 and then 11v11. They play on a smaller field, no special teams, special rules, no 3 point stances on O or D...(which I am now a convert on the 2 point for offense after two years in spread)...

2-point works well for any offense.

--Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
spidermac
(@spidermac)
Gold
November 13, 2018 7:45 am  

2-point works well for any offense.

--Dave

Agree, especially after seeing how much better a 2 point worked for my boys the last two seasons...

ReplyQuote
Share: