Notifications

Tim Murphy RB videos  

RSS

morris
(@morris)
Platinum
January 19, 2014 7:46 am  

Has anyone bought any of his RB training videos?  IF so can you share some things about it.  I am thinking of picking up one or two of them but I wanted to get some info first.

Test Account
(@test-account)
Kryptonite
January 19, 2014 11:05 am  

I would recommend the line videos more than anything.

Please don't PM or respond to this Member. It is an account for all of the posts from abandoned or banned Member Accounts.

ReplyQuote
angalton
(@angalton)
Platinum
January 19, 2014 11:42 am  

He will be St.Louis glaziers. I am going to get some of his material. Hopefully

The greatest accomplishment is not in never failing, but in rising again after you fail.

ReplyQuote
jrk5150
(@johnkoester)
Diamond
January 20, 2014 12:40 pm  

His RB stuff is good too.  I have some of his material that I picked up at a Glazier, and it was good.  Basic, but very good.

ReplyQuote
coachgregory
(@coachgregory)
Platinum
January 21, 2014 4:02 am  

Has anyone bought any of his RB training videos?  IF so can you share some things about it.  I am thinking of picking up one or two of them but I wanted to get some info first.

I thought Tim's RB video was very good.  He really stresses on some key points... 1) never let one defender take you down...he really highlights this with his runner and it shows in his game film.  2) protect the ball by keeping it high in the chest with multiple points of contact.  The video is actually very good and it is a hidden gem in my opinion as it goes over ball protection, keeping the runner upright and moving vertical.

Jack

Exsisto Fortis, Exsisto Validus

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
North Carolina
High School
January 22, 2014 3:29 am  

1) never let one defender take you done...he really highlights this with his runner and it shows in his game film.

Jack, can you expound on this concept?  We emphasize that our Backs initiate contact and become the "punisher," not the "punishee."  But how does one train to not let one defender take you down?  Thanks.

--Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
coachgregory
(@coachgregory)
Platinum
January 22, 2014 4:17 am  

Jack, can you expound on this concept?  We emphasize that our Backs initiate contact and become the "punisher," not the "punishee."  But how does one train to not let one defender take you down?  Thanks.

--Dave

Tim does it with several drills...He will have a partner pre-wrapped on the runner from the front, side, or back and on GO the runner must get vertical and get through the tackle.  He has another drill were one tackler is pre-wrapped and then he has several come in and attempt to finish the tackle (in close distance with the coach controlling when the come and how many)...

Lots of off balance movement and get upright and vertical...

I really thought the DVD was good.  We were already doing a lot of single and multiple contact drills and it just reinforced my thoughts on it.

One thing I will say is we stress to our runners when the see a tackler moving down hill at them to turn into the defender and beat him to the contact point.  Often if you can do that you can run through the tackle.

Secondly I tell my runner to LOAD/EXPLODE/GO as he makes contact... Now for us that is simple for us to explain to our kids because every kid on our team knows this concept via our blocking and tackling concept. 

Lastly we tell them to use a half man concept pick a side and attack through that arm pit...never meet a tackler head up as he wants to tackle you head up...

Murph does a lot of this...so it was nice to see those thing.

AFter that we teach them how to use a violent stiff arm to the near shoulder, top of the helmet, bottom of the face mask after they learn to lower the shoulder and go through the defender.

Mainly it is about our Runner being more violent than the tackler.  I don't like for our backs to run out of bounds unless we are trying to save the clock.

Vertical and Violent....

Jack

ReplyQuote
CoachJJ
(@coachjj)
Gold
January 22, 2014 5:36 am  

Hey Jack ... as I know your memory is better than mine ... remind me at the Symposium that we need to sit down with Murphy and have a quick chat about this ... specifically about powering through multiple tacklers ...

Coach JJwww.CoachSomebody.com"Football may be the best-taught subject in American High Schools because it may be the only subject that we haven't tried to make easy."~Dorothy Farnan  Former English Department Chairman  Erasmus Hall High School - Brooklyn, New York

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
North Carolina
High School
January 22, 2014 5:38 am  

Tim does it with several drills...He will have a partner pre-wrapped on the runner from the front, side, or back and on GO the runner must get vertical and get through the tackle.  He has another drill were one tackler is pre-wrapped and then he has several come in and attempt to finish the tackle (in close distance with the coach controlling when the come and how many).

Nice.  Thanks.

--Dave

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
CoachJJ
(@coachjj)
Gold
January 22, 2014 5:41 am  

Actually Dave ... I would like to get your input on that little chat as well ... if you don't mind ...

Coach JJwww.CoachSomebody.com"Football may be the best-taught subject in American High Schools because it may be the only subject that we haven't tried to make easy."~Dorothy Farnan  Former English Department Chairman  Erasmus Hall High School - Brooklyn, New York

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
North Carolina
High School
January 22, 2014 5:42 am  

Hey Jack ... as I know your memory is better than mine ... remind me at the Symposium that we need to sit down with Murphy and have a quick chat about this

JJ, why is it that just you and Jack get to "sit down with Murphy?"  Why can't I "sit down with Murphy," too?  Maybe I have a question I'd like to ask him.  Sheesh.

--Dave

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
Dimson
(@dimson)
Diamond
January 22, 2014 5:44 am  

JJ, why is it that just you and Jack get to "sit down with Murphy?"  Why can't I "sit down with Murphy," too?  Maybe I have a question I'd like to ask him.  Sheesh.

--Dave

Haha. Poor Dave.  :'(

ReplyQuote
coachgregory
(@coachgregory)
Platinum
January 22, 2014 5:45 am  

Hey Jack ... as I know your memory is better than mine ... remind me at the Symposium that we need to sit down with Murphy and have a quick chat about this ... specifically about powering through multiple tacklers ...

Ok.

ReplyQuote
Michael
(@michael)
Kryptonite
January 22, 2014 5:46 am  

I'm pretty sure everyone is going to be standing up about 15 seconds into the sit-down.

Michael can not receive PM's, emails or respond to Posts. He passed away in September 2018. To honor his contributions we are leaving his account active. R.I.P - Dumcoach Staff.

ReplyQuote
Dimson
(@dimson)
Diamond
January 22, 2014 5:50 am  

I'm pretty sure everyone is going to be standing up about 15 seconds into the sit-down.

I'm sure they will all be standing foot to foot too.

ReplyQuote
Share: