Clear all

9 tech DE in Miami 4-3

Page 2 / 2

ZACH
 ZACH
(@bucksweep58)
Diamond

You are forgetting the 50 tech sam lb

Miamis 4-3 wasnt any new scheme rather a personnell philosophy and coverage... Miami quarters is genious for the time

I can explain it to you, I can't understand if for you.

ReplyQuote
matt8188
(@matt8188)
Gold

I would rather that 9 tech who HAS some athleticism pick his hand up off the ground, head up to outside shade of the TE  and whip the TE.
Same with my interior two hands on the blocker, hands inside, find the ball, rip shred and tackle.. a little more to it than that, but that is fundamentally what I want. The reason I like that type of play, is there is no easy for the kids. THEY MUST whip and defeat their man.
But that is why I dont coach defense...I guess.

I like using a 9 technique just because I don't like giving contain to a LB. I don't feel like my LB's are capable of creating a firm edge from a 90 technique.

If I have a 7 technique strong, I probably have a 9 technique with him.

"People think I'm the best damn coach in the world, but Neyland taught me everything l know"-Bear Bryant

"The measure of who we are, is what we do, with what we have."-Vince Lombardi

ReplyQuote
ZACH
 ZACH
(@bucksweep58)
Diamond

9 tech vs a TE in this defense was a spill player...

In quarters the spilled to player is corner or safety depending on the set

ReplyQuote
matt8188
(@matt8188)
Gold

9 tech vs a TE in this defense was a spill player...

In quarters the spilled to player is corner or safety depending on the set

Yeah, anytime we have two deep we are spilling.

"People think I'm the best damn coach in the world, but Neyland taught me everything l know"-Bear Bryant

"The measure of who we are, is what we do, with what we have."-Vince Lombardi

ReplyQuote
jsrg1874
(@jsrg1874)
Copper
Topic starter  

Thanks for all the great comments on this guys.  Was thinking that if the Miami 4-3 plays against a two tight end one back offense, the weakside DE aligns in a 7 or 6 on the TE to that side.  I like the idea of having the DE align on the TE and attack him while holding the C gap better than outside shade to TE.  I just think it is hard to find that great athlete at that position who can handle the 9 tech. 

Thanks again.

jsrg

ReplyQuote
NFCBeast
(@nfcbeast)
Copper

Thanks for all the great comments on this guys.  Was thinking that if the Miami 4-3 plays against a two tight end one back offense, the weakside DE aligns in a 7 or 6 on the TE to that side.  I like the idea of having the DE align on the TE and attack him while holding the C gap better than outside shade to TE.  I just think it is hard to find that great athlete at that position who can handle the 9 tech. 

Thanks again.

Agree. I would play both my ends in 7 techs, a 3 to the field and a 1 to the boundary. Quarters coverage unless I want to use some cover 2 zone or cover 0 blitz.

ReplyQuote
CoachChrisV
(@coachchrisv)
Copper

Question for you guys.  How do you deal with a TE blocking out on 9 tech, OT and OG double the 3 tech to Mike, backside OG pulls and leads through big C gap hole with FB. 

My question for those with experience with a 9 and 3 strong, how do you deal with that gaping C gap?  Play the DE in 7 and have him shoot C gap?  Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Jsrg
Jacob Sinner

Fitting the Gaps, If 9 is your DE, he is playing D, squezzing C, your 3 is a B gap fit , M is Strong A fit, your Sam then fits C gap on a turn out of your 9, and spills. Safeties are your force (box) players, except in Cov 2 (corners squatting, then your corners are force, and safeties pick up any verts.

ReplyQuote
ZACH
 ZACH
(@bucksweep58)
Diamond

Fitting the Gaps, If 9 is your DE, he is playing D, squezzing C, your 3 is a B gap fit , M is Strong A fit, your Sam then fits C gap on a turn out of your 9, and spills. Safeties are your force (box) players, except in Cov 2 (corners squatting, then your corners are force, and safeties pick up any verts.

Miami was predominantly in quarters so they would be 2 high, the force player was dictated by alignment of the offense. The 9 tech in johnsons scheme was made to stop oklahoma wishbone, there are a few links and attachments on this site. Including a tubbervile clinic video

What you described is generic 4-3 over info...

If its to answer a question on miamis fits, youre wrong...sorry

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: