RSS

ZACH
 ZACH
(@bucksweep58)
Diamond
Coach
October 10, 2020 3:11 pm  

Coaches,

Looking for some feedback and experience. My 14u team runs a 4-4 with cover 3. We play a strong full house backfield team with 2 te. Any alignment recommendations ? 

Currently we are in a 26 front. End have c gap unless he's called to 2 gap the end (not my preference but it gets called) our tackles slant to a tendancy. Rest of the she'll is basic 44. 

Thanks in advance!

I can explain it to you, I can't understand if for you.

Beansko82
(@beansko82)
Bronze
October 10, 2020 5:54 pm  

Zach,  

Have you looked at JrTitan’s Split 4-4 material?  I didn’t run his defense verbatim but I still used a lot of his stuff in our version of the 4-4.  

Vs 32 personnel we lined up with the OLBs in a 7 tech with C gap responsibility and the end lined up out side on air with contain.  We’d bring the safety down into the box and have the corners play deep 1/2s vs pass and secondary contain vs run.  Basically like C2 Invert or Robber.  

ReplyQuote
ZACH
 ZACH
(@bucksweep58)
Diamond
Coach
October 11, 2020 10:19 am  

I am just trying with ideas. A lot of teams run some form of 4 wide awake except this on. I like the split idea just don't know if I have enough time to install the OLB position in the split with reads. If I do ide probably do it like dv46 olbs. 

The inverted 2 is definitely a good call. I also. Playing with a 5-4 adjustment which is another form of inverted 2. 

I can explain it to you, I can't understand if for you.

ReplyQuote
Share: