Notifications

[Sticky] About the DC Killer Bee  

Page 9 / 9
  RSS

bayoubengal
(@bayoubengal)
Bronze
August 4, 2017 7:59 am  

hey coach, I just sent the $75 via paypal for the Killer Bee install. I think it will really help us this season, we have some pretty good athletes so im excited to see what we can do.

Id also like access to the forum please

ReplyQuote
DumCoach
(@dumcoach)
Diamond
August 4, 2017 6:13 pm  

hey coach, I just sent the $75 via paypal for the Killer Bee install. I think it will really help us this season, we have some pretty good athletes so im excited to see what we can do.

Id also like access to the forum please

You're in. 

Good athletes?  Ooooo!  That could be deadly.  They might make you illegal.

"Football is for the kids - But let's win anyway."

ReplyQuote
CanadianCoach
(@canadiancoach)
Copper
August 18, 2017 1:19 pm  

I'm interested in purchasing this playbook. Is it still available? How does it translate to 12 man, Canadian rules football? I've got 3 weeks (12 practices) left of practice left before our first game. Will this be enough time to implement it?

ReplyQuote
DumCoach
(@dumcoach)
Diamond
August 18, 2017 11:03 pm  

I'm interested in purchasing this playbook. Is it still available? How does it translate to 12 man, Canadian rules football? I've got 3 weeks (12 practices) left of practice left before our first game. Will this be enough time to implement it?

12 practices is no problem with kids that have played before (Know how to tackle).  It's Cover 4 so it becomes Cover 5 for Canadian.  If you have a lack of talent the extra player will be a third corner.  If you have talent he becomes an an safety (Killer Bee plays studs at safety.).

ReplyQuote
Ronin
(@ronin1974)
Gold
August 21, 2017 7:22 am  

12 practices is definitely enough!  I spent first two weeks this season during our defensive portion focusing primarily on form tackling and aggression.  Installed Defense last Monday.  We have 16 kids on our roster, so hard to install without seeing a scout-O, so on Tuesday we had a scrimmage with a team in a similar situation... wasn't really a true scrimmage.  We both ran slow and allowed each other to set up and teach and ran quick whistle, etc...  By the end that scrimmage (30 minutes of defense) the kids pretty much knew their alignments and base assignments.  Spent Thursday working a bit more on individual techniques.  On Saturday we attended a jamboree scrimmage.  First play on defense, we were still setting up (had a kid that was on vacation all week and another that missed Tuesday) and gave up a TD on a TE pop pass (which btw... is the closest thing to a weakness vs this defense if kids have not been coached up to look for it).  Couple plays later gave up a TD on a sweep (SE had a blatant hold on the Corner that was not called because they were apparently told not to call penalties)... however, the OLB should have stopped it before that point anyway.  After that, we gave up no more TDs and very few 1st downs.  By the end of the jamboree, I am very confident in our defensive installation.  Now, we focus on details and tackling.

Long story short, can install this defense very quickly.  But does take time and patience to perfect.

ReplyQuote
JustPlay
(@rjbthor)
Silver
August 21, 2017 7:24 pm  

We installed in 15 minutes before a scrimmage - Other coach was going to Hawaii and wanted to get in a scrimmage so he did not feel guilty. out of 40 defensive plays we gave up 3 runs over 2 yards. We did get beat once with a corner pass for 30 yards for a td.

Base defense is simple to install. Pass coverage takes some time to get used to. most kids have played man all their life. We are one week 3 of pass coverage and it still is not perfect especially against the overload or flood. Today we ran QB roll out drills. We looked amazing untill I added the roll flare pass and rb fake dive out pass. It puts pressure on your boys to make a play.

nothing replaces effort. nothing replaces the mind. One with out the other is a waste of time.

ReplyQuote
Dimson
(@dimson)
Diamond
August 22, 2017 5:16 am  

The alignment of the defense goes in super quick. I did it in 30 minutes with 8 year olds yesterday.

ReplyQuote
DumCoach
(@dumcoach)
Diamond
April 1, 2018 10:08 pm  

Coach Clark, we did it this year. Went 14-0 and won our SuperBowl. We had 8 shutouts and nobody scored more then 14 on us all year. Thanks again for your Killer Bee defense!

I was just going though some film from this last season and thought I would let you know.

ReplyQuote
Coach Maddox
(@coach-maddox)
Lurker
June 11, 2018 5:33 am  

Coach,

I am interested in Purchasing the Killer B Manual/DVD. I sent you an email. Before I go forward with Pay Pal I guess I need confirmation from you that no one in my league is running it. I am almost certain they aren't but you know how people take schemes and tweak them to unrecognizability.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

ReplyQuote
Coach TonyM
(@ramoody)
Gold
North Carolina
Middle School
Head Coach
June 11, 2018 3:31 pm  

Coach,

I am interested in Purchasing the Killer B Manual/DVD. I sent you an email. Before I go forward with Pay Pal I guess I need confirmation from you that no one in my league is running it. I am almost certain they aren't but you know how people take schemes and tweak them to unrecognizability.

If they are tweaking it to where it is unrecognizable, they aint running it.  There's only two defenses that I would absolutely hate to face... the Killer Bee and DC46/Gambler.  Even if someone is running it,  they are gonna have trouble stopping it.  It auto corrects.    Well worth the investment.  You need it now so you can start digesting it.  It takes a while to get a grasp on it.  Trust me, you will not be disappointed.  I have been running it for 7 years now.  Still happy with it.  I tweak it a little, but not til i have the base in. 

ReplyQuote
DumCoach
(@dumcoach)
Diamond
June 13, 2018 1:23 am  

Coach,

I don't keep track of who has the "D" like I did with the DC46.  If someone else has it in your league than expect to face them in the playoffs.  I figure that's better than not making the playoffs.

ReplyQuote
JustPlay
(@rjbthor)
Silver
June 13, 2018 5:08 am  

If they are tweaking it to where it is unrecognizable, they aint running it.  There's only two defenses that I would absolutely hate to face... the Killer Bee and DC46/Gambler.  Even if someone is running it,  they are gonna have trouble stopping it.  It auto corrects.    Well worth the investment.  You need it now so you can start digesting it.  It takes a while to get a grasp on it.  Trust me, you will not be disappointed.  I have been running it for 7 years now.  Still happy with it.  I tweak it a little, but not til i have the base in.

It does take time to grasp the concepts enough to know how to teach it. The DVD helps with teaching. Making sure the players understand responsibilities especially your corners and DE. It took me a season to get the players dialed in. On defense, we did not give up a point in the last 3 games of the year. Now only if there was a KillBee special teams play book  😛

nothing replaces effort. nothing replaces the mind. One with out the other is a waste of time.

ReplyQuote
DumCoach
(@dumcoach)
Diamond
March 7, 2019 7:22 pm  

This might help.  It's film of a Killer Bee that has gone undefeated for four straight years. 

ReplyQuote
Page 9 / 9
Share: