Coaches is this a f...

Notifications
Clear all

Coaches is this a forward pass or not?

lost episodes
(@ltlacy)
Silver
Topic starter  

My team is the Packers, I feel this was a fumble and if my corner would have scooped and scored, they would have called it TD. What do you think? Bad call on Ref or not?

Wing-n-It
(@robert)
Platinum Moderator

Coach I hate to say but it looks like it was as close as you could get to either.

Look at his arm and the ball placement just before he lets go, the ball lands on the exact spot Just behind that line. I dotn think they put muchthought into itand just guessed, but they guessed right  IMO

Hey while i got you reading this There is a player from my sons HS that got no love from recruits this year but he is up for player of the year from our area. Could you click on the link below my signature and vote for him. He is a great kid and a great football player

He got screwed with the college offers.

2 Things my offense will always have is a Wing and a Wedge

ReplyQuote
lost episodes
(@ltlacy)
Silver
Topic starter  

Coach I hate to say but it looks like it was as close as you could get to either.

Look at his arm and the ball placement just before he lets go, the ball lands on the exact spot Just behind that line. I dotn think they put muchthought into itand just guessed, but they guessed right  IMO

Hey while i got you reading this There is a player from my sons HS that got no love from recruits this year but he is up for player of the year from our area. Could you click on the link below my signature and vote for him. He is a great kid and a great football player

He got screwed with the college offers.

His name? got it!

ReplyQuote
CRM1241
(@crm1241)
Copper

Looks like a lateral to me, but that's with the benefit of stopping it on a frame. The ball is out of his hand on the plus side of the 30, but the follow through happens as he is pushed behind the 30. Not obvious at full speed, that's for sure.

ReplyQuote
jrk5150
(@jrk5150)
Diamond

Yeah, I saw that same thing, he let go of the ball on one side of the yard line, it landed on the other, behind him.

Tough call live.

ReplyQuote
lost episodes
(@ltlacy)
Silver
Topic starter  

Yes it was very close, and on the next play they scored. I didn't argue to much because I don't argue with the Refs, I just asked the ref should he had been moving with the snap because everyone had a bad angle except for the coaches on the sideline and my coach right in front. I still say it was a fumble and a bad call BUT it was a bang bang play. If my corner would have scooped and score it would have been a TD because if you at the blue team Ref he was going to say incomplete then stopped and our Ref waited and looked at the Head Ref. We lost 12-0. That could have made it 6-6!

ReplyQuote
Michael
(@michael)
Kryptonite

I had to watch it three times just to figure out what I was supposed to be watching.  That seems like a pretty fast clip.

No way I'd blame the ref.  Gun to my head, without going frame by frame, it's pretty close to dead straight across.  It's a pretty cool video.  The kid's momentum, and the angle, at least on the video, makes it look like it's going significantly backward, but it almost seems to swerve back to the line.  He actually threw it at a far flatter angle than his motion would lead you (or at least me) to believe.  Obviously, if you're right on that yard line on the field, it would just look straight across, or really, really close to that.

Incorrect call?  Maybe.  Bad call? No.

Michael can not receive PM's, emails or respond to Posts. He passed away in September 2018. To honor his contributions we are leaving his account active. R.I.P - Dumcoach Staff.

ReplyQuote
Michael
(@michael)
Kryptonite

Dude, what happened to your left DE/OLB?

Did he get tripped by the kid who was standing up or tackled by the kid who was going down?

And was your NG hiding under the center at the snap?  He got in wicked fast.

Michael can not receive PM's, emails or respond to Posts. He passed away in September 2018. To honor his contributions we are leaving his account active. R.I.P - Dumcoach Staff.

ReplyQuote
lost episodes
(@ltlacy)
Silver
Topic starter  

1) Dude, what happened to your left DE/OLB?

2)Did he get tripped by the kid who was standing up or tackled by the kid who was going down?

3)And was your NG hiding under the center at the snap?  He got in wicked fast.

1)My DE nailed the tailback on the option action
2)Yes, my LOLB blitzed and was tackled by their guard
3)he was in the a-gap and they time the snap perfectly making the offense double one and other come free!

ReplyQuote
lost episodes
(@ltlacy)
Silver
Topic starter  

Looks like a lateral to me, but that's with the benefit of stopping it on a frame. The ball is out of his hand on the plus side of the 30, but the follow through happens as he is pushed behind the 30. Not obvious at full speed, that's for sure.

Yeah, I saw that same thing, he let go of the ball on one side of the yard line, it landed on the other, behind him.

Tough call live.

Yes it was a tough call and game changer!

ReplyQuote
Threepwood
(@wettstein)
Bronze

At best it was a lateral - hard to say.  I agreed with your decison not to argue it.

A couple of other questions/observations:

LDE - that should have been a late hit - he knew the QB had thrown the ball and no need to lay him out.

Why was #10 tackling a lineman?

ReplyQuote
lost episodes
(@ltlacy)
Silver
Topic starter  

At best it was a lateral - hard to say.  I agreed with your decison not to argue it.

A couple of other questions/observations:

1) LDE - that should have been a late hit - he knew the QB had thrown the ball and no need to lay him out.

2)Why was #10 tackling a lineman?

1) LDE was hitting the RB on the option route, 2) #10 was tackling the QB

ReplyQuote
coachkev
(@coachkev)
Silver

My team is the Packers, I feel this was a fumble and if my corner would have scooped and scored, they would have called it TD. What do you think? Bad call on Ref or not?

you got hosed!  blown call

ReplyQuote
DL
 DL
(@daniel-lyons)
Platinum

It was a backwards pass and a live ball.  You can tell by the line markers. 

Had to watch it two or three times though to be sure and ref's don't have that advantage. 

Just one of those live with it plays that happen 2 or 3x a game.  Hopefully, some of them go in your favor. 

When they go against me (and I am in charge - otherwise I stay silent) I usually tell the Ref's that the game arrow is in my direction now and I should get the next close call.

ReplyQuote
Share: