Here are the 11 kid...

Notifications

Here are the 11 kids on your D, where do you put them?  

RSS

Shamrocks
(@shamrocks)
Gold
June 8, 2018 7:40 am  

Please state what kind of D you run and where you would put the kids listed below.  This is the only info you have on them on paper.

1- Fastest kid on the team, great size
2- 2nd fasted kid on the team, great size as well
3- 3rd fastest kid on the team, on the small side, best football IQ and athlete on the team
4- 4th Fastest kid, long body, good wind span
5- 5th fastest kid but not very aggressive and maybe the smallest weight wise on the team.
6- 6th fastest kid, on the small side but very aggressive, explosive hitter and best tackler
7- Kid is caught between playing DL or LB.  Not as big as the other linemen on the team, not as fast as the other kids above.  Seems to be caught between DL and LB, could play either with work
8- Best O and D lineman you have, just not the fastest
9- Strongest O/D lineman you have, just not the brightest.
10- Bull of a lineman, just lacks a consistent motor.
11- Smallest of your linemen, but highest football IQ and the best listener of the bunch

Just looking for some input and feedback.  This is what you to work with on paper, where are you putting them in your D?

spidermac
(@spidermac)
Gold
June 8, 2018 8:21 am  

Okay, armed with that info, I am going to run JJ's 33 Stack, and also, because it is easy to install, and don't really know any more about your boys then you provided.

I am running either Jack's 63 or Clarks KB this season, have to see how I make out in the draft, but I have run the 33 stack with at least good results with 3 different teams now.

1. He is your reaper, someone big and fast coming down hill, scary thought.
2. He is one of the Dogs (OLB/DE)
3. He is a Corner
4. The other Dog, long arms means he can't be reached.
5. Goes in the stacks, he will become aggressive in this D, probably a stacker
6. He is a corner
7. Stacker
8. DL
9. NT
10. Guard πŸ˜› (okay, DL, but the motor has to get fixed)
11. Stacker, probably Middle Stacker

AS far as "IQ" goes, DL and stackers just have to go forward and fill the gap, you can install stunts and blitzes and call them from the side or just let them play taps...the way this defense shows different fronts by rule and the slashing that goes with it makes it hard for an Oline to block...a bad or undisciplined line is going to get shredded.

None of them suck, they just haven't found what the kid is good at yet.

ReplyQuote
Dusty Ol Fart
(@youth-coach)
Diamond
Illinois
Other
Club Admin
June 8, 2018 8:38 am  

Jack's 6-3

1-  Fastest kid on the team, great size  (Field DE)
2-  2nd fasted kid on the team, great size as well (Boundary DE)
3-    3rd fastest kid on the team, on the small side, best football IQ and athlete on the team  (Boundary -DB)
4-  4th Fastest kid, long body, good wind span  (Field-DB)
5-  5th fastest kid but not very aggressive and maybe the smallest weight wise on the team.  (DG)
6-  6th fastest kid, on the small side but very aggressive, explosive hitter and best tackler  (MIKE)
7-    Kid is caught between playing DL or LB.  Not as big as the other linemen on the team, not as fast as the other kids above.  Seems to be caught between DL and LB, could play either with work (Field OSLB)
8-  Best O and D lineman you have, just not the fastest (Boundary DT)
9-  Strongest O/D lineman you have, just not the brightest.  (Field DT)
10-  Bull of a lineman, just lacks a consistent motor.  (DG)
11-    Smallest of your linemen, but highest football IQ and the best listener of the bunch  (Boundary OSLB?)

Just a shell based on limited information provided. 

DE is the impact position.  Get in the backfield and cause chaos!  With that in mind SPEED KILLS!    If the kids I put at OSLB are there Ability wise it will effect the outcome. You can interchange the DE and OSLB.

Discipline is Key for all.  Know and Play Your Role!

FYI

Not MPP... ONE TASK!  Teach them!  πŸ™‚

ReplyQuote
Wing-n-It
(@robert)
Platinum Moderator
United States
June 8, 2018 8:48 am  

I try to put them in positions to give my team the best chance for success

2 Things my offense will always have is a Wing and a Wedge

ReplyQuote
vikingdw
(@vikingdw)
Copper
June 8, 2018 10:26 am  

Dave Cisar Wide Tackle 6...

ReplyQuote
Michael
(@michael)
Kryptonite
June 8, 2018 11:42 am  

Questions on here like that one just scream the coach has no idea what he's doing, and it's never the positioning of kids that's actually the problem.

Michael can not receive PM's, emails or respond to Posts. He passed away in September 2018. To honor his contributions we are leaving his account active. R.I.P - Dumcoach Staff.

ReplyQuote
Wing-n-It
(@robert)
Platinum Moderator
United States
June 8, 2018 1:09 pm  

Questions on here like that one just scream the coach has no idea what he's doing, and it's never the positioning of kids that's actually the problem.

Do coaches really pick DEs and stuff off of size and speed. I pick positions off of aggression and willingness to knock the snot out of someone giggle afterwards.

2 Things my offense will always have is a Wing and a Wedge

ReplyQuote
Dusty Ol Fart
(@youth-coach)
Diamond
Illinois
Other
Club Admin
June 8, 2018 1:33 pm  

Do coaches really pick DEs and stuff off of size and speed. I pick positions off of aggression and willingness to knock the snot out of someone giggle afterwards.

When that's all the information one has to go with, all one can do is estimate. Of course more information is needed.  Of course I would want to see them live.

ReplyQuote
MHcoach
(@mhcoach)
Diamond
Florida
June 8, 2018 2:41 pm  

Sham

What defense do you know how to teach the best?

What defense can your coaches coach?

Any of the defenses mentioned are good, if & only if you can coach them & coach players to tackle. The only other thing to consider is what offenses will you see this season.

Joe

"Champions behave like champions before they're champions: they have a winning standard of performance before they are winners"Bill Walsh

ReplyQuote
Michael
(@michael)
Kryptonite
June 8, 2018 6:16 pm  

One DE is 1.4 ounces lighter than the other but is also 0.0047 seconds faster for the 40. Which side should he play?

Michael can not receive PM's, emails or respond to Posts. He passed away in September 2018. To honor his contributions we are leaving his account active. R.I.P - Dumcoach Staff.

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
North Carolina
High School
June 8, 2018 6:44 pm  

This is what you to work with on paper, where are you putting them in your D?

What?  Who coaches this way?

--Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
Dusty Ol Fart
(@youth-coach)
Diamond
Illinois
Other
Club Admin
June 8, 2018 7:17 pm  

One DE is 1.4 ounces lighter than the other but is also 0.0047 seconds faster for the 40. Which side should he play?

Bored? 

ReplyQuote
32wedge
(@32wedge)
Silver Moderator
Virginia
Middle School
Only / Head Coach
June 9, 2018 2:55 am  

Just looking for some input and feedback.  This is what you to work with on paper, where are you putting them in your D?

If those 11 are not my best at getting to the ball and making tackles, I will put them on offense.

I'm not locked in to a specific defense.  I try to pick a defense that allows me to play the best defenders each year. 

This year I believe the Killer Bee will be a good fit for the players I have returning and will place my defenders by the player descriptions in the book.  If I think a personnel change will work better, I will make the change.

ReplyQuote
Bob Goodman
(@bob-goodman)
Diamond
New Jersey
3rd - 5th
Asst Coach
June 9, 2018 7:15 am  

When that's all the information one has to go with, all one can do is estimate. Of course more information is needed.  Of course I would want to see them live.

Right -- for us.  But Shamrocks is actually there, so it's strange to be asking us on this basis.

However, the problem in many cases is that for some period well in advance of the season, you get to see the kids only in non-contact situations where all you have to go on are factors such as he listed.  The solution in that case is not to be asking this question until such time as they're actually doing contact drills.

ReplyQuote
Coach TonyM
(@ramoody)
Gold
North Carolina
Middle School
Head Coach
June 11, 2018 3:45 pm  

Please state what kind of D you run and where you would put the kids listed below.  This is the only info you have on them on paper.
                        (DC46)    {Killer Bee}
1- Fastest kid on the team, great size (Sam)    {Safety}
2- 2nd fasted kid on the team, great size as well  (Will)    {Mike}
3- 3rd fastest kid on the team, on the small side, best football IQ and athlete on the team (Free Safety)    {Safety}
4- 4th Fastest kid, long body, good wind span (DE)    {OLB}
5- 5th fastest kid but not very aggressive and maybe the smallest weight wise on the team. (CB)  {CB}
6- 6th fastest kid, on the small side but very aggressive, explosive hitter and best tackler (Mike)  {OLB}
7- Kid is caught between playing DL or LB.  Not as big as the other linemen on the team, not as fast as the other kids above.  Seems to be caught between DL and LB, could play either with work (CB)    {CB}
8- Best O and D lineman you have, just not the fastest  (DE)  {DE}
9- Strongest O/D lineman you have, just not the brightest. (LT)    {DE}
10- Bull of a lineman, just lacks a consistent motor.  (NG)              {DT}
11- Smallest of your linemen, but highest football IQ and the best listener of the bunch (RT)    {DT}

ReplyQuote
Share: