how has ur tap and ...

Notifications
Clear all

how has ur tap and go stack alignment been against dtfh?

DoubleWingCoach
(@doublewingcoach)
Gold
Topic starter  

Got a question about how you guys have been seeing stacks work against c gap run teams. Were facing a team this weekend running dt power I and they love the basic c gap blast  play. I'm a 46 gambler guy and I had one stack stunt installed I call Monster. Here it is against dtfh

L  C    T    T      C  R
            N.    F           
        W.    M.    S

After running this a few times against a dw team on film it was wreaking havoc for their o line. So I did a little 3-3 stack research and being that my lbs asked me where they should be blitzing when I call a MAX call I decided id install a basic 3-3 stack stunt that works within the confines of what I do with the 46. The only obvious thing I give up is by blitzing 3 lbs my corners and fred are kind of on an island if they throw. I align lije this against dtfh.
                        T
                        F. B
                        Q
        TE. T. G. C. G. T. TE
    L.  C.  T      N      T    C.  R
                W.    M.    S   
                        F

The middle six are all tap and gos into the gaps full speed with the lbs telling the line which gap to shoot and they shot opposite. So my question is against scout O this stunt caused HAVOC but my talent level of scout O vs my staying D is pretty big. Anything I should specifically avoid when bringing 6? I realize swing passes could be dangerous or if my des don't contain but what else should I be careful about. Yesterday my Scout qb couldn't get a pass off cause of how fast the blitz came. And if my opponent has zero splits should I NOT do this stunt?  Afaik they use 8" line splits.

Samuels
(@samuels)
Bronze

We struggled with sweep running the 33. Quick hitting outside plays are trouble especially with a lead blocker outside. I destroyed a 33 stack team this year with DTDW monster sweep it was like taking candy from a baby. But if you got stud De's and Fred try it.

ReplyQuote
sabot6d
(@sabot6d)
Bronze

I have my DE's and F as my best players.

My C gap shooters are looking for the ball as they cross the LOS to squeeze the alley inside - out
DE's are squeezing outside - in
F is making the tackle

It may not be the correct method but I tell my DE's that if they cant make the tackle they have to force the play in and clear any blockers for CBs coming up to help F

ReplyQuote
DoubleWingCoach
(@doublewingcoach)
Gold
Topic starter  

Our "TIGER" call which is our 3-3 stack call worked well this week against ANYTHING from C-gap to C-gap...... however it sucks if the offense sweeps and DOES get outside since your entire TNT and 3 LB's are basically going right up the middle....

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite

DWC

One thing I have learned about running the 46 all these years at the youth levels.

Base is always best. Period.

You really and truly don't need a lot of ho-ha. It only clogs their brains....un-necessarily. 

I do like a taps call....a CB blitz call....a Fred call for goal line or short yardage and a call that calls off anyone posting up TE's.

Anything else is just fluff.

What is beautiful, lives forever.

ReplyQuote
DoubleWingCoach
(@doublewingcoach)
Gold
Topic starter  

Yeah we're stopping pretty much everything from C-gap to C-gap..... It's tough for us to stop sweeps lately especially since the word got around in my league that we have trouble stopping it (which I don't think is necessarily true since this one team we played ONLY ran sweep left/right)....

We run a LOT of base... If I see something or I know the play beforehand (happened this week) cause of tendencies i'll sometimes send a corner blitz or a fred blitz to further complicate their sweep attempt..... I do get that it can complicate thier brains and make them play hesitant..... i'm trying to avoid that for sure...

ReplyQuote
Samuels
(@samuels)
Bronze

Yeah we're stopping pretty much everything from C-gap to C-gap..... It's tough for us to stop sweeps lately especially since the word got around in my league that we have trouble stopping it (which I don't think is necessarily true since this one team we played ONLY ran sweep left/right)....

We run a LOT of base... If I see something or I know the play beforehand (happened this week) cause of tendencies i'll sometimes send a corner blitz or a fred blitz to further complicate their sweep attempt..... I do get that it can complicate thier brains and make them play hesitant..... i'm trying to avoid that for sure...

Do you 46 guys ever not postup a Te?

I've been trying to learn and read more on the 46 but during the season is hard. I would never post up my Cb  because there small typically would use Sam and Will. But posting up scares me just imagining it against plays like monster sweep, rocket toss etc.

I'm running Jacks 63 but with his wide call as my base no stacks all red. We lineup like a true WT6 with DG on guards and Dt's on Te or EMLOS. We can jump into a 54,52,53 etc quickly without changing techniques. Our defense been dominant absolutely loving the WT6 alignment my De's are wreaking havoc.

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite

Do you 46 guys ever not postup a Te?

I've been trying to learn and read more on the 46 but during the season is hard. I would never post up my Cb  because there small typically would use Sam and Will. But posting up scares me just imagining it against plays like monster sweep, rocket toss etc.

I'm running Jacks 63 but with his wide call as my base no stacks all red. We lineup like a true WT6 with DG on guards and Dt's on Te or EMLOS. We can jump into a 54,52,53 etc quickly without changing techniques. Our defense been dominant absolutely loving the WT6 alignment my De's are wreaking havoc.

S

We use our OLB's to post up TE's and cross train the CB's to play LB'r.

One rule fixes this. A TE is never considered a #1. Now the OLB takes the TE if technically a #1 and the CB replaces that OLB.

We never post up a TE when playing a robust phone booth type O like the DW or SW or Power T. We want the LB'rs at depth. Our Philosophy is more LB'rs is better in certain situations. Vs the Pro Style Formations we do post up the TE.

What is beautiful, lives forever.

ReplyQuote
DoubleWingCoach
(@doublewingcoach)
Gold
Topic starter  

S,

In base we always put our cbs posting up the te. (Assuming double tight) I'm using the guts alignment rules and I'm in a weight restricted division so we're not seeing huge difference in size amongst tes and my cbs. Most of what we see in youth are the tes are 2nd string running backs and coincidentally so are most of my corners.

We're playing a team this week that is wishbone and runs either double tight or 1 split end. They have one kid that runs the ball all the time. The WT6 does intrigue me enough that we've been thinking about it as a shift. My nose is a monster and my strongest lb is too. Weve been considering moving the nose over one EMLOS and letting my best LB put his hand in the dirt on the other EMLOS. My 46 des will do what they've always been doing. Track stances and get ur ass in the backfield and wreak havoc. If we do it ill roll my corners back with the safety and play read flow and if pass drop into zone

ReplyQuote
Share: