Notifications

Overmatched  

RSS

(@_53_)
Copper
October 8, 2017 6:47 pm  

We're playing a team in our state semifinal playoff game that completely outmatches us. We only have 3 8th graders while they have 16. They're absolutely loaded and maybe the most talented middle school team I've ever seen.

What's some ways you go down swinging your sword, when you know you have no chance in your base defense.

They run double wing, I, and a little spread. They don't master in any of it, but just trying to get their athletes on the edge.

ZACH
 ZACH
(@bucksweep58)
Diamond
Coach
October 9, 2017 6:07 am  

We're playing a team in our state semifinal playoff game that completely outmatches us. We only have 3 8th graders while they have 16. They're absolutely loaded and maybe the most talented middle school team I've ever seen.

What's some ways you go down swinging your sword, when you know you have no chance in your base defense.

They run double wing, I, and a little spread. They don't master in any of it, but just trying to get their athletes on the edge.

A lot of this going on lately... theres a lot of goliaths to slay.  I listed my thoughts smd went into some detail in a other post

1. Hustle, hit, never quit...must be your mind set. Hittem in the mouth... prep your players to be as physical as they have ever been.

2. Special teams... you want a sudden swing of momentum...coach up your special teams...maybe work a fake punt or new onsides

3. Turn overs... strip drills, fumble recovery,  int drills.  Ball security drills for your ball carriers. Center and qb exchanges

4. Be aggresive...take chances...tell your coaches amd parents no yelling about any penalties... no yelling about off sides...holding...anything...maintain positive amd aggresive mind set... saying " come on now watch the ball" is passive " get into that back field" is much better.

Summary: coach up fundys, skills, and aggresiveness. Have some tricks up your sleeevs and have fun

I can explain it to you, I can't understand if for you.

ReplyQuote
Share: