Clear all

Parents on the sidelines

Page 3 / 3

PSLCOACHROB
(@pslcoachrob)
Kryptonite

^ This and this. ^

--Dave

I quoted the wrong post but you guys know what I mean.

ReplyQuote
Michael
(@michael)
Kryptonite

I love when the head coach gives a speech after practice, and then an assistant decides one or two sentences could stand to be tweaked, and then gives almost the exact same speech.  And then two more assistants do the same thing.

When I'm assisting, we usually have this:

"Michael, want to say something?"

"No."

Michael can not receive PM's, emails or respond to Posts. He passed away in September 2018. To honor his contributions we are leaving his account active. R.I.P - Dumcoach Staff.

ReplyQuote
PSLCOACHROB
(@pslcoachrob)
Kryptonite

I think it's really silly when a header tells a story after practice and then the acs decide to go and basically say the same thing.

ReplyQuote
patriotsfatboy1
(@patriotsfatboy1)
Platinum

Josh....I used to be like that as well.

Now they run to the fence carrying a pvc pipe filled with 10 pounds of rocks that is painted green and covered with helmet award stickers. ( we dont do helmet award stickers) .

I have two of them. They get used often for the first few weeks then tend to lay in the grass and do nothing thereafter for the rest of the season.

Hey, we have those same things, except a little different.  Red instead of green.  Either 20 or 15 pounds (depending on the team).  I figured that no one would want them this year because my team from last year got split into different groups.  Instead, I had to create new ones for the smaller kids (15 pounds) so now both teams have their own Godzillas.  PVC went up in price, though.  😀

Ours get used all season because that is where their stickers go for academic achievement and team wins.  Every practice, someone is carrying those to the fields and the kids ask to carry them.  Like a badge of some sort. 

ReplyQuote
Wing-n-It
(@robert)
Platinum Moderator

I have done one on one with him. He knows how to do what he is having trouble with but he just doesn't care or really doesn't want to be there. I know he knows these things because I coached him last year and he was my starting center and DE so I watched him a full season execute. Far as the parents meeting yes I had one and made everything very clear, this parent was part of the organization last year so they already knew the expectations and how I coach since last year and it was reinstated this year. Sending for laps and up downs work for a majority, don't know where it came from or how it started but it works for most. Have not spoke with dad about why he thinks he to small, that would turn into dad telling me where he thinks his son should play which I'm not interested in.

Could the kids "all of a sudden forgetfulness about how and what to do be related to the dads opinion on where his kid be played be the same factor.
Ive seen kids "throw" drills and act like they don't know what to do because the parents think it its best for the kids to show the coach they "don't belong in that position"

Its just a thought but parental interference with a kids play is not new

Just a thought

2 Things my offense will always have is a Wing and a Wedge

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3
Share: