Teaching Modern Tac...

[Sticky] Teaching Modern Tackling  

Page 7 / 7
  RSS

CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
December 5, 2017 2:52 pm  

I ran it by several people that I feel like know something about football before I did it.

LOL.  Wow....classic.

--Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
December 5, 2017 2:56 pm  

Depending on where you are from, BB guns are youth toys.

Duh.  I had one.  Crosman 760 .177 with a scope.

I have guns.  I don't need them to teach.  Nor do I need to tell kids to smell their farts.  You can either coach kids up to a high level, or lower yourself to beneath theirs.

--Dave

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
December 5, 2017 2:59 pm  

Then those same parents said that’s all their child talked about when they got home that night, and thought it was a great idea.

Well, if it meets the kids' approval, then we should all be for it.  After all, they know what's best.

--Dave

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
Vince148
(@vince148)
Gold
December 5, 2017 3:25 pm  

I seen no problem with it at all. Depending on where you are from, BB guns are youth toys. They had fun and learned a lesson.

Maybe if you grow up in Texas. But as an Italian boy growing up in NJ, my mother would not let me have one because, you guessed it, "You'll shoot your eye out."

ReplyQuote
angalton
(@angalton)
Platinum
December 7, 2017 3:16 am  

Duh.  I had one.  Crosman 760 .177 with a scope.

I have guns.  I don't need them to teach.  Nor do I need to tell kids to smell their farts.  You can either coach kids up to a high level, or lower yourself to beneath theirs.

--Dave

Duh, now that is some funny stuff. Haven't had someone say "duh" to me in many many years. 😂

The greatest accomplishment is not in never failing, but in rising again after you fail.

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
December 7, 2017 4:51 am  

Duh, now that is some funny stuff. Haven't had someone say "duh" to me in many many years. 😂

When you're as old as I am, you can employ archaic use of the language.

--Dave

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
tiger46
(@tiger46)
Bronze
December 7, 2017 7:26 am  

Maybe if you grow up in Texas. But as an Italian boy growing up in NJ, my mother would not let me have one because, you guessed it, "You'll shoot your eye out."

Nothing right or wrong about it. I'm not judging. Different viewpoints from different parts of the country.  Growing up in West Texas, a pack of us boys used to take off into the fields at sun up with our BB guns and we didn't come home until after noon.  We field dressed and ate what we killed right out there in the fields. The shame was on any boy that didn't hit anything.  He had to suffer the humiliating walk all the way back home and eat a store bought lunch that his mamma made for him- just like a girl. 

“It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men. ”  ― Frederick Douglass

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
December 7, 2017 7:49 am  

Different viewpoints from different parts of the country.

Dunno that different parts of the country has anything to do with it.  I grew up owning BB guns and pellet pistols and shooting squirrels and starlings in the back yard.  Just think that a good coach doesn't need a prop like that, that has nothing to do with the game.  And regardless of how "controlled" the situation may be, someone sees you carrying a weapon to a park in this day and age, and you could be putting others in jeopardy without realizing it.  Regardless, my kid's football coach is not someone I want to have teaching my kid about gun safety.  I'll do that myself, without 20+ other kids around, all taking a shot.

--Dave

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
PSLCOACHROB
(@pslcoachrob)
Kryptonite
December 7, 2017 7:55 am  

Dunno that different parts of the country has anything to do with it.  I grew up owning BB guns and pellet pistols and shooting squirrels and starlings in the back yard.  Just think that a good coach doesn't need a prop like that, that has nothing to do with the game.  And regardless of how "controlled" the situation may be, someone sees you carrying a weapon to a park in this day and age, and you could be putting others in jeopardy without realizing it.  Regardless, my kid's football coach is not someone I want to have teaching my kid about gun safety.  I'll do that myself, without 20+ other kids around, all taking a shot.

--Dave

The point has been lost.

ReplyQuote
Bob Goodman
(@bob-goodman)
Diamond
December 8, 2017 6:54 am  

The point has been lost.

But the lulz were worth it.

ReplyQuote
Page 7 / 7
Share: