Unique way we alway...

Notifications
Clear all

Unique way we always get proper strength calls & alignment

COACH JC
(@winged)
Diamond
Topic starter  

Not sure if this is helpful to anyone, but since we started doing this, has really made getting aligned to strenghth simple & easy. We call it “Stack it up.”
I always have people ask about it when they see it. So thought maybe some of you might want it.

1st guys is nose, he always goes to strength call

2nd guy is tackle, he goes oppo

3rd guy is strong DE

4th is weak DE

5th mike backer

6th will

7th strong safety

8th rover

Corners & FS stay. Tho you can flip corners if you want to.

Because of how quick & efficient it is, gives whoever makes the call more time to make sure they get the right call.0

It's all about having fun.  But losing aint fun!

CoachSugg
(@coachsugg)
Silver

That's really awesome.  Bet it messes with the OC a little too.  Doesn't get near as much time to study your alignments and visualize how he wants to attack it.

Kent Sugg
Bridge Creek, OK

ReplyQuote
PSLCOACHROB
(@pslcoachrob)
Kryptonite

How does it work against a good hurry up? I know we played really fast. We caught teams out of position regularly. The few teams that set to strength always had to stop and just call strength to field against us.

ReplyQuote
COACH JC
(@winged)
Diamond
Topic starter  

How does it work against a good hurry up? I know we played really fast. We caught teams out of position regularly. The few teams that set to strength always had to stop and just call strength to field against us.

Prerty good. They get so quick at it that when they need to they just do it from a muddle huddle. We’ve been caught once or twice, but that’s about it.

ReplyQuote
COACH JC
(@winged)
Diamond
Topic starter  

That's really awesome.  Bet it messes with the OC a little too.  Doesn't get near as much time to study your alignments and visualize how he wants to attack it.

Definitely. We’re constantly changing our front as well so i think we gain an advantage in that regard.

Bot sure exactly why, but it’s made getting our subs & MPP’s lined up much easier too. Something about it really clicks for kids. Maybe cuz they’re so used to standing in lines?

ReplyQuote
Coach Correa
(@coach-correa)
Gold

I like that Jake ! But on another all these shout gun 8 and 9 year old teams is dam near laughable and then you want to know why you got problems SMDH !!!!

Head Coach Tito Correa New Britain Raiders 14-U

ReplyQuote
COACH JC
(@winged)
Diamond
Topic starter  

I like that Jake ! But on another all these shout gun 8 and 9 year old teams is dam near laughable and then you want to know why you got problems SMDH !!!!

Everyone puts their best player at QB & hopes they can score on bootleg.

This team scored both their TD’s on QB runs, but it was v’s our backups. So they prob think they’re on the right track.

ReplyQuote
bigshel
(@bigshel)
Gold

Everyone puts their best player at QB & hopes they can score on bootleg.

This team scored both their TD’s on QB runs, but it was v’s our backups. So they prob think they’re on the right track.

Not to mention every time they scored, they were keeping your playbook wide open.  😛

ReplyQuote
COACH JC
(@winged)
Diamond
Topic starter  

Not to mention every time they scored, they were keeping your playbook wide open.  😛

Eeeeeeeeexactly  😛 26-0 at the half. Didn’t clock em til 3 minutes left in the fourth.

ReplyQuote
Share: